• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale SOLD Loaf Splitter by Bud Haffner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

I purchased this splitter from Bud in Feb 2021 for $50 plus $36.15 in tax and shipping fees, for a total of $86.15. The picture below is from his Etsy listing, where it is now listed at $60 + shipping.

It works perfectly and is in like-new condition. It was a game-changer when using a slab mold since I can't cut anything in a straight line! But I won't need this anymore, since I'm using a gift certificate to treat myself to the Custom Craft Tools Caterpillar Soap Cutting Station.

I'm open to offers on price since shipping costs will vary depending on your location. I'll be shipping from 83705 and can estimate shipping if you tell me your zip code. Or if you are located in California, I'll be traveling between the Central Valley and the Central Coast in about five weeks, and could bring it with me to meet up with you there.

Adjustable Log Splitter.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like approximately $30 in shipping. Edited to add: I won't be that far south in my travels next month, as the furthest south that I will be is in Santa Barbara. So unless you wanted to travel up there to meet me, shipping will be the only option. You are welcome to PM me to discuss price. :)

@Drchurchillsoaps looks like about $40. Feel free to PM me an offer that includes the shipping. Not going to pull the trigger on my new purchase till this one is sold... so you can say I am... motivated. :)
I just looked at the device you’re wanting. Are you wanting to make multiple size loaves or what is the benefit to that setup for you? It seems to be a slower process than log splitter and soap cutter.

I actually have a multi-bar cutter for soap loaves, and it is wonderful. But sometimes I need to cut my bars the horizontal way, which requires a single bar cutter.

I used to have a large single-bar cutter, but sold it because I didn't have room to keep both that and the large multi-bar cutter. I thought that a small cheese slicer would work fine for the single cuts I need to make, but I am not happy with it. I am terrible at cutting so I need things that have little margin for error.

The Caterpillar not only splits loaves, it also works as a single-bar cutter. That would eliminate the need for a cheese slicer (or large single bar cutter) and my existing loaf splitter - without taking up any more real estate in my soaping cabinets. I wasn't going to spend the money for it, but I got a nice gift certificate and have decided to splurge.

Back