Soft soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many use iodized salt in brine soap with no problems.

The key to finding a problem is eliminating one factor at a time until you get the soap to be ok. Take the exact recipe, make tiny batches.

Figure out trace. If you're not doing swirls take it past light trace a bit. Salt or no salt, medium trace is definitely different looking than emulsion. Same recipe, just mix a bit more.

If you soap warm enough it'll come together quicker than if you soap cool so figure out an ideal temp from the responses.

Figure out how to use the appropriate amount of water. Here's a link. I suggest reading through the rest of the soapy section, there's a ton of info.

If that doesn't do it, eliminate one additive at a time.

Lastly, do research. There's loads of info on the forum about crumbly soap and brine soap and charcoal soap. Maybe you cut the brine soap too late? Maybe you should use a different cutter? Maybe you should try a different temp? There will be answers..
Thank you :) I will take it easy and try all of the above! I just got desperate from all these failures but will breath deep and keep trying!

Latest posts

Back