Soft soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made some lavender soap for my son five weeks ago. His intent was to sell it at market tomorrow. Last weekend I shrink-wrapped the soap and took it to him. Today he called to say the soap is very soft. I have never had this happen. I have lots of soap, all shrink-wrapped and none is soft. Could it be that it wasn't cured enough? Solution? All I can think of is unwrap it all and let it sit another week.

Is the recipe different than your other wrapped soaps? Higher in soft oils? At what age did you wrap the other bars? Are you experiencing higher humidity in your area right now?

Is the recipe different than your other wrapped soaps? Higher in soft oils? At what age did you wrap the other bars? Are you experiencing higher humidity in your area right now?
Recipe is the same. Wrapped a few days sooner but not significantly sooner. Yes, very high humidity the last couple of days. Just humidity huh!? Hm.....

The humidity issue only popped into my head because so many people are having issues with various body care recipes right now and most report high humidity. Otherwise it might have slipped past my radar as I (almost) never humidity problems in northern AZ, lol.

Hopefully others that are dealing with sweltering humdity will pop in with advice on their solutions to the problem. Good luck!

The humidity issue only popped into my head because so many people are having issues with various body care recipes right now and most report high humidity. Otherwise it might have slipped past my radar as I (almost) never humidity problems in northern AZ, lol.

Hopefully others that are dealing with sweltering humdity will pop in with advice on their solutions to the problem. Good luck!
Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time to answer!

Latest posts

Back