Soft soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished my fourth batch of soap. I did one batch with multiple colours. I mixed the colours too much and they were quite gloppy when I put them in the mold. My second and third batch, I'd learned my lesson so mixed less and they turned out fine although I had to hurry to pour them and swirl because they were getting thicker by the second. My last batch I am thinking I didn't mix enough. It was barely at trace, I just didn't want any trouble with gloppy soap batter. Now the soap is soft like playdough, still in the mold after a day and a half. Will it eventually harden up or have I ruined my batch?

If the recipe is the same, and you at least got the soap batter to emulsion, and it didn't overheat or separate, and there are no misbehaving additives, then yeah it should eventually harden up.
Hitting that sweet spot where you can make pretty swirls, and not have it too liquid or too gloppy does take some practice.

Latest posts

Back