Soft & Silky Ewax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used WSP's Soft & Silky Ewax? I am used to Polawax but at $41/kg I bought some soft & silky. I love the feel of the lotion on the skin but it doesn't work up as nice as Polawax. Polawax thickens up in a few minutes. Soft & Silky thickens as it cools. I would love to hear from other's experience.

@soapmaker I guess it depends on what skin feel you are looking. I like Soft and Silky e-wax and have used Polawax wax as well, but I now use the generic version of LotionPro.

Soft & Silky does thicken as it cools but I prefer it to Polawax. My oil phase is never less than 30%, with that much oil, I can never use a pump bottle with my cream using Polawax, it has to be a cup but with Soft and Silky & LotionPro I can. I just need to work on my rheology modifiers.

I haven’t worked with Polawax in over 2 years. Seeing as I have 2KG of it, I will play with it next week to see if it is as I remembered it.

@Saponificarian I have only used Polawax and have loved how it thickens up immediately. But now with the cost of it I tried Soft & Silky. I really like the feel of it better but I don't like how you have to wait till it thickens. I went out on a limb and poured some into a bottle while warm and left it finish thickening in the bottle with the pump out till completely cool. What and where do you get the generic version of LotionPro?

Warm because I use Aristoflex AVC and Cetearyl Alcohol to thicken.

The percentage of your oil phase doesn’t really matter with LotionPro if you use the right thickeners.

Back