Sodium hydroxide U-Do Drain Cleaner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishka

Reaction score
Has anyone used U-Do drain cleaner NaOH?
In ingredients it only states sodium hydroxide but not sure how much can i trust the label.
So far i have been using NaOH from a soap making shop but is very expensive, 27$ for 1Kg. When I ordered from abroad, it ended up having the same price.
To experiment I just finished a CP batch of soap, everything worked like normal in the process. Looking forward to see the soap in a few days.

I would appreciate any advice if you have experience with drain cleaners in soap.

DSCN0706.jpg

I haven't. I order from The Lye Guy. Where do you live? He and I both are in America. I know lots of posters here aren't in America, so someone nearer to you may be able to help better if you tell us where you are. Otherwise, I personally am leery of drain cleaners and won't use them. Someone else with more experience may be able to help better, though.

As long as its pure sodium hydroxide, it should work just fine. I've not used that brand but I often use other kinds of drain cleaner. I guess you'll know soon enough if it worked or not.

I haven't. I order from The Lye Guy. Where do you live? He and I both are in America. I know lots of posters here aren't in America, so someone nearer to you may be able to help better if you tell us where you are. Otherwise, I personally am leery of drain cleaners and won't use them. Someone else with more experience may be able to help better, though.

I live in UAE, Dubai. The Lye Guy does not sent lye overseas (on planes) from what i read.
Thank you for the reply.

I use Rooto brand lye, however the last few times I purchased it I've been seeing some black speckled pieces in my lye. While this hasn't made any difference in my soap, it does concern me that perhaps I'm really not getting 100% lye like the package says. So, I think it's time to switch to a different brand and see how that works.

Back