sodium citrate = amazeballs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guspuppy

Reaction score
So last month I made sodium citrate following galaxyMLP's post from last year. Then I made my challenge soap with 60% lard/20% CO/20% OO, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, and 2% SC by weight. Three weeks later (tonight) I decided to try a piece just out of curiosity. I've never used any chelators because I have soft water, but I wanted to start using it in soaps for gifting to my family who have hard water, and my challenge soap was the experiment.

..........Holy wow did that soap make bubbly lather!!! I think as much or maybe even a little more than my 90% CO/10% castor salt bars! In fact it took me forever to rinse all the soap out of the washcloth after I had already washed my whole body. I love my high-lard soaps but I've not been super happy with the lather from them, guess I know the secret now. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You should try to test two soaps that have everything exactly the same apart from the SC. This would be much fair and help you understand better what SC brings.

The difference in the FAs profile between the two soaps, maybe is the reason for the different bubbly behavior that you saw.

Nikos

Back