Soda ash

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m getting a lot of soda ash in my soap even if I cover it well. The soap cal recommended 38% water but I was told to use less to keep it from soda ash. What discount is recommended.
please and thank you.

I’m getting a lot of soda ash in my soap even if I cover it well. The soap cal recommended 38% water but I was told to use less to keep it from soda ash. What discount is recommended.
please and thank you.

Use am33%-35% Lye Concentration instead of Water Percent of Oils

Use am33%-35% Lye Concentration instead of Water Percent of Oils
So in soap cal. I punch in 33%?( New to this ). When I took a soap class the teacher used 30% what happens when you use less? Does it trace faster? And thanks for a quick response

So in soap cal. I punch in 33%?( New to this ). When I took a soap class the teacher used 30% what happens when you use less? Does it trace faster? And thanks for a quick response

30% Lye Solution is fine.

You’re not using less Lye, you’re using more water. Try different percentages...recalculate, then look at your water and lye weights. The water amount increases the lower the percentage and decreases the higher the percentage. The highest you can go though is 50% because you can’t use less water than lye to dissolve it.

Back