Quantcast

Soapy Christmas Presents

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a divider for my new 7.5lb NS mold! Now to learn how to use it!!
And I got this weird little mixer thing. I actually got two. I’m not really sure what it’s for.
Yay! Merry Soapy Christmas!
That looks like a mini food processor.

TheGecko

Reaction score
It wasn’t on my wish list, but I can probably figure out a use for it. It says it’s a “mica blender”.
It’s not something I would use myself, but there are folks, who take custom blending their own mica colors very seriously, who swear by them. If it makes you a better soap maker, I say “go for it”

Other uses besides Taiwan Swirl?
Hanger Swirls. I have seen some incredible layered hanger swirls.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other uses besides Taiwan Swirl?
You can use the dividers to keep a secret feather swirl from spreading, a mantra swirl, an ITP swirl in just one section, a sideways ombre/gradient, confetti designs - lots of uses!

I think the mica blender would be useful if you have a custom blend that you use frequently so you don't have to measure and mix each time. I don't sell, so if my ratios are a little off and the colors aren't consistent it doesn't really matter.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are ideas I had not know of for the dividers, and I really look forward to playing with that. I do love mixing my own micas, but I just do it with a popsicle stick, or a powerful little frother I have. May have to see if there,s another use for these mixers in another craft, but I’ll hopefully come up with something.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I got a divider for my new 7.5lb NS mold! Now to learn how to use it!!
And I got this weird little mixer thing. I actually got two. I’m not really sure what it’s for.
Yay! Merry Soapy Christmas!
That's for mixing mica colors to make your own custom colors.