soaps so far - don't laugh

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godiva

Reaction score
here's pictures of the soaps I have made so far, minus the first couple batches I made to get familiar with the process.

The green/blue bar riced horribly (before adding FO), I rebatched after about a week - tongue tested the white spots - no zap - did not add any oils or liquids. I especially like the colors in this batch. It's scented with Ktima.

The four layer did rice slightly while I was mixing to trace - but it seemed to tame down. Did fine after I added the FO, but then started solidifying once I stopped mixing and started dividing into different containers for layers. I wanted the colors vibrant - kind of came out muted to me. Scented with Endless Love.

The orange/brown batch. This was a real foopah (how do you spell that?). I was trying to use up some of the red palm oil that I have, knew it would come out orange, so wanted to add purple swirls and top layer. Well, appears purple and orange make brown. Since I was thinking orange and purple, I thought using up some of my tiny bits of floral scents would be nice - now I wish I would have used pumpkin or something along those lines.

The orange/blue is scented with sweet orange.

And the green and off white bar is scented with cool cucumber.

I think soaping is fun - I can tell I'm going to need a lot more practice to get them looking the way I would like. Going to make a smaller log mold so I can do half the batch I am doing now.

You're too sensitive! Your bars are fine! I can tell you like the layered look. :) Except that last one looks like you're getting into swirling. I predict you have a promising future ahead of you in the area of soap decorations. :)

Godiva said:
The green/blue bar riced horribly (before adding FO), I rebatched after about a week - tongue tested the white spots - no zap - did not add any oils or liquids. I especially like the colors in this batch. It's scented with Ktima.

The orange/blue is scented with sweet orange.

And the green and off white bar is scented with cool cucumber.

I think soaping is fun - I can tell I'm going to need a lot more practice to get them looking the way I would like. Going to make a smaller log mold so I can do half the batch I am doing now.

I love these!! What colorants are you using?

I need a lot of practice just to get the lovely layers that you think need improving. :lol: I think they look fantabulous.

Digit

I think they are perfect! Alway remember, *we* don't know what you wanted them to look like , so *we* assume they are as you planned!

Thank you all for your kind remarks! Soaping is fun and addicting. I love browsing this board.

I got 1 oz samples of TKB's pop colors. As you can tell by the brown color, I'm not very good at mixing colors - but I learn from my mistakes and will always remember orange and purple make brown.

I'm looking forward to planning my next batch.

I dont know what your talking about but I love them :D Love the colors!

I been wanting to try those Pop colors

First and foremost I don't see anything wrong with them at all. I think they look great. One thing you need to wrap your head around is YOU are the only one who truly knows what you want them to look like and what you expect when making your soap. Again...I think they look great.

They look WONDERIFIC!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8) I have yet to make bar one, and then there is that whole pic uploading challenge thing...............I am DETERMINED to find out how to do it!!!! :? :roll:

Anyway, stop admitting your goof-ups!!! You are the only one who can see them!!!!!!!!!! :D

Be encouraged!!

Della :)

Thanks again all.

Being a newbie, I am still learning and a bit unsure - and probably a bit of a perfectionist. I get a picture in my mind of how I want it to look - then it doesn't. Hoping that with more experience, more batches will come out how I plan. Although I'm sure there will be those surprise batches - like when it rices when it hasn't before, or you use green color and it comes out peach (I just read a message where that happened).

Swirls are still a bit intimidating for me. But I look forward to the challenge - probably sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for looking and your comments.

Godiva said:
Thanks again all.

Being a newbie, I am still learning and a bit unsure - and probably a bit of a perfectionist. I get a picture in my mind of how I want it to look - then it doesn't. Hoping that with more experience, more batches will come out how I plan. Although I'm sure there will be those surprise batches - like when it rices when it hasn't before, or you use green color and it comes out peach (I just read a message where that happened).

Swirls are still a bit intimidating for me. But I look forward to the challenge - probably sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for looking and your comments.

That was me! lol Gonna have to come up with some creative names for those funky colors I make :p

As for the swirls being intimidating, those gorgeous layers look intimidating to me! But reading posts like yours gives me confidence to try it out, I'm so scared of wasting my precious ingredients but.....have to try it somehow :lol:

Latest posts

Back