Soap's In Shower

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have like a gazillion soaps in my shower. I can never decide what to use so they all go in there. View attachment 55589
Oh I love it... Its a tail tail sign' if your in a bathroom & see lots of soaps like yours "Your Defiantly Among Your Tribe" 💫🤗👍🏼🧼💫

This is what I call a soap dish these days. It’s holding the soaps I’m testing at the kitchen sink. There are some flat rocks in the bottom (yes, rocks, not pebbles) to help keep the soaps dry between use.View attachment 55671

Oh Great Idea w/ the rocks 👍🏼🧼

I blame you all, and especially @Peachy Clean Soap , for the current state of my three tiered shower caddy. After reading this thread with much interest I thought, "Well, yeah, why wait to use up one bar before going on to try the next? Why 'waste' my favorite bar by using it everyday when I have others to test?" Hmmmmmm? I now have TEN bars just for me in the shower. Enablers all of you!! 🤣 🤣

I blame you all, and especially @Peachy Clean Soap , for the current state of my three tiered shower caddy. After reading this thread with much interest I thought, "Well, yeah, why wait to use up one bar before going on to try the next? Why 'waste' my favorite bar by using it everyday when I have others to test?" Hmmmmmm? I now have TEN bars just for me in the shower. Enablers all of you!! 🤣 🤣
That’s the spirit!

True story: I sometimes use three bars during one showering.

Using my soap is one of the small pleasures of my day. I just love it. Right now I’m using one of my OPW rejects and I think it’s my favorite soap ever. The scent is cedar, rosewood, and clary sage, and my husband loves it too. I don’t think you can get rosewood EO any more without taking out a second mortgage but I had some that was several years old. Speaking of which, I recently bought some howood EO that is affordable and smells a lot like rosewood. Great substitute.

@Vicki C
I've done that too made a soap I really didn't think was great use it months later & just love it! then I'm going through my soap binder looking up the recipe trying to replicate it.

Just yesterday the Hubby comes out of the shower & says " that soap in the shower is fantastic" and Its also an older soap I made months back.

I can't help but think if a soap is made properly' it's like a fine wine' as it ages it improves.
Your thought's friends? ❤️🧼💫

I have a very small shower and the soap ledge is only big enough for 1 soap - it's currently a smaller soap with AC & Barleygrass - my husband uses that. I have a caddy hanging on the shower door and I have 2 soaps in there for my use. Both are my main 'lard' recipe with different FO's - one is Grapefruit Belinni which I love and the other is more lemony.
I do have a soap dish sitting on the tub with soap that's not been used yet and that contains 6 or 7 bars. And on my sink, I have an Avocado Facial bar in the soap dish and a Rice bar I just pulled out yesterday that I'm dying to try. Think I will replace the two in the shower for the Rice bar... don't want to wait for them to be done.

I used to buy Irish Spring for my husband at Costco - a dozen bars or more at a time. The only soap he'd use. I've since put them all in the charity box - he likes the homemade stuff better now!

I love this!!! I currently have 5. I have an allepo soap from Ginger's Garden, two of my own one lightly mint scented one OMH, two from Royal Apple Berry a wonderful salt bar and a rose blend which is very nice! I like to buy from and support other soapers.

That’s the spirit!

True story: I sometimes use three bars during one showering.
I use multiple bars during my shower too. How else am I going to tell if the lard bar is better than the tallow bar?

I make small tester size soaps with leftover batter. I have 10 in the shower, 5 at my sink, 3 at my husband's sink, 8 next to the bath tub and two next to the kitchen sink. My husband told me he only wants ONE soap in his soap holder in the shower. Since he is tolerant of my general insanity, I usually comply, however there are two in there now. Cause I'm out of room 🤣.

My husband told me he only wants ONE soap in his soap holder in the shower.
My husband is that way too. I think that's why he moved to the basement shower. My and the daughter's soap hoarding, tubs of experimental sugar and salt scrubs, and shampoo bars was bothering him. Down there he has his soap bar, his shampoo bar and that's it. He's even got the other kid that uses that shower to switch from shampoo to the shampoo bar so they have one less bottle taking up space.

Let's see... my updated list is a sandalwood bar I made 4-ish years ago, two vegan soaps that I bought from another maker (but my skin is not reacting well to them, so they've been sitting there unused until I either decide to toss them or take them downstairs for my husband to use), and then a soap cupcake top that separated from the base.

Latest posts

Back