Soap's In Shower

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else still have one of those crocheted mesh frog things? I have my mom's and saw my b.f.'s mom had one in her bathroom. But they were never used because mom thot the whole soap went in, just got too wet and was wasteful. So we just stuck the sliver onto the next bar!

I order some individual cavity molds a few months ago and they came with little nylon mesh bags that I decided must be soap saver bags. I filled one of the bags with bits and pieces from my ginormous collection of soap slivers, took it to the sink and gave it a try. OMG, the lather is like shaving cream on steroids. Yet another reason I love making soap.
Ooh, I just did a search to see what they look like, and there's about a million crochet patterns available for them! I love cross-craft complementary projects!

Edit: the post just above showed up after I posted mine but it seems great minds think alike!

I have like a gazillion soaps in my shower. I can never decide what to use so they all go in there.
9602E1DC-FE22-44F1-BC26-F80C5AB8967E_1_105_c.jpeg

And these are the scrubs and shampoo bars.
5159EAA3-2FCC-4952-995C-1F123CC5F8A6_1_105_c.jpeg

I know this is off topic. Sorry, OP. I just wanted to know how much banana you use per pound (500g) of oils. I'm dying to try it. Thanks!
I used 146g for 3,400g of oils. Partial water replacement. A nicely ripened banana incorporates best into your oils. I mashed the banana in a bowl then added and blended into my oils very thoroughly.

If you need additional help, feel free to DM me. 😀

I just looked at my notes and edited my post. I misremembered the measurement of the banana. I should add that I also used 323g of rice soaking water.

Last edited:
I have not a single soap in the shower (well, except the bottle of syndet shampoo for my hair). The soap rack is directly targeted by the water jet, and it would be a pity to store soap there and let it dissolve into the drain for nothing.

Instead, I have a ritual to select one soap (either bar or bottle of LS) to be the “chosen” one for that shower, either from the “tester area” of my curing stashes, or I grab one of the soaps from the bathroom sink. That means that I could choose between about 20 soaps, but in practice it's more about 5 “daily drivers”.

@Jersey Girl : Couldn't you just fill up that cylinder with clear M&P soap base, and then cut it into discs with surprise patterns out of your soap history?

Hubby only uses one soap at a time. Until it's a sliver, and then he sticks that to the new bar. What a concept 🤯
That’s what I do! So I only have 1 bar of soap in my shower.

The kids have 3 different bars in their shower plus some liquid soap for my lazy boys that can’t soap up with a bar of soap. Now the syndet shampoo and conditioner bars are a different story! 😳 because we are all testing out a few different blend and fragrances. So there is probably 3 to 4 of each in each shower. My sinks have a couple bars and liquid soap foam pumps. Plus my solid dish soap in the kitchen. Goodness, I didn’t realize how much soap is floating about the house until I did this inventory!

Our shower is tiny and the water gets everywhere. My soap comes out of the shower, hubby's stays in. My daughter, who makes jewelry, came across a clearance sale on the tiny organza bags for jewelry years ago and has them in several sizes and a gazillion of them. We are currently using them for soap savers and syndet bar savers (I'm a newby in syndets and they all fall apart). So the bag comes out with my soap bar daily...then I only have to wash the soap slime off the ledge of the shower from one bar rather than three! BTW, the organza bags are very soft when wet and create tons of lather. Both of us have been known to cut soap bars in half so they fit into the bags earlier than just using them for soap slivers!

Yes, and now you all have made me crazy, I have to design something to hold soap in the shower, about 10 bars, without getting it all wet and ruining it!
My husband is in the process of building us a shipping container house, and I'm working on getting him to do something similar too!

This thread is making me feel like I'm underperforming. I have 2 soaps in my shower. One is my galaxy soap aka Second Place Winner not that I'm humble bragging or anything no I'm not yes maybe I am, scented with eucalyptus, rosemary, and cedarwood essential oils.

The other soap is a beautiful soap I purchased from a soaper's brand new store. It's swirled black and brown. I got really excited about this shop because a Native American woman had such demand that she had to go from a farmer's market to a store -- in a pandemic -- and all ingredients and colorants are homegrown on her farm. I purchased 2 soaps from her. One lasted less than a week -- even on my soap-saver pad. This black/brown one is nearly gone. After a few days it broke apart along the swirl lines. I have to say that my soap lasts waaaay longer than hers. I'll continue to shop there for other lotions and candles.

And my bathroom sink has my confetti soap, scented with orange, lavender, tea tree essential oils. It's the product of my major messed up masterbatch experience. It is hands down the best soap I have felt and I'm wondering if it's because it has an unintentional very large superfat.

Last edited:
I used to have a basket of 20-30 soaps at my bathtub plus a heap on the sink that I would just grab whatever took my fancy and usually use for a few nights in a row and then swap.

Funnily enough since I've moved I've tended to only have a few in the shower/bath.

Currently at my bathtub I have one of my favourite patchouli blends, and my new favourite aloe vera bar.

In my shower I have an activated charcoal bar that another soaper gave me, a vegetarian oatmeal and Honey that I made about three years ago and thought I'd see how it felt after several years (amazing by the way), and the leftover scrap of a facial bar I've been trying.

Latest posts

Back