Soap's In Shower

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I washed out the vase, found a lid from a jar candle that fit and as luck would have it they fit perfectly. So now this is at my bathroom sink and I will feed off of it for soap at that sink. I kind of like how it looks too.
I love the way this looks and I'm totally stealing this idea.

9 soaps right now—8 I made and the other is the Castile brand my husband likes because he’s a creature of habit and he doesn’t prefer my Castile lol. My favorite bar right now is my lemon poppyseed. Most of the other ones are old ones before I tailored my base recipe and I’m trying to use them up because they’re high butter content and the lather is abysmal.

4 soaps, plus syndet shampoo and conditioner bar, and that is sadly all the space I have there.
Anyways, my most recent oatmeal-honey soap wound up in use after only 2 weeks of curing, and that is absolutely not normal for me, but I was just that impressed with it. A 50% Avo soap ended up in normal use after 4 weeks, and I've never had my face react so positively to a soap. I have a number of other batches of soap that are also very good, but I just don't have space for them on the rack.
My roommate prefers to use liquid soap, but likes the look of my current soap. And yes, there is only one bar there; she gets stressed out by chaos, so for her sanity, the bathroom sink only gets one bar at a time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_164444.jpg
    IMG_20210226_164444.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 27
I was so enamored with @Jersey Girl's soap display I forgot to comment. I have only 2 soaps in the shower - one for my feet and one I rotate out every few days. Currently it's a goat milk bar. The box on my bathroom shelf, however, is a different story. There are probably 15-20 in there.

Hubby only uses one soap at a time. Until it's a sliver, and then he sticks that to the new bar. What a concept 🤯

4 soaps, plus syndet shampoo and conditioner bar, and that is sadly all the space I have there.
Anyways, my most recent oatmeal-honey soap wound up in use after only 2 weeks of curing, and that is absolutely not normal for me, but I was just that impressed with it. A 50% Avo soap ended up in normal use after 4 weeks, and I've never had my face react so positively to a soap. I have a number of other batches of soap that are also very good, but I just don't have space for them on the rack.
My roommate prefers to use liquid soap, but likes the look of my current soap. And yes, there is only one bar there; she gets stressed out by chaos, so for her sanity, the bathroom sink only gets one bar at a time.
Oh its pretty. I need to get my soap more moisturizing' Its out of range.

I love the way this looks and I'm totally stealing this idea.
Agree I'm gonna look for a pretty Glass Cylinder @ Marshals today. :nodding:

I have four soaps in my shower now, my favorite is the last bar of two year old Lavender Anise with activated charcoal and purple mica swirls, the lather is marvelous.
Did the scent stick? the combo sounds nice? 💫🧼

For me, only one. For Hubby, again, only one. I do have more soap outside the shower, but when I am doing it right (my right, not everyone else's right), I remove my soap from the shower & keep it out so it won't get wet when Hubby takes his shower. I do it this way because I want to prolong the life of my soap, which is kind of funny because I have way more soap than I can use up in one lifetime.

I currently have in my shower:
1 jar face scrub that is almost empty
1 jar emulsified scrub that is almost empty (both of these are because of my daughter, ahem)
1 jar foaming foot scrub
1 jar cream soap that is a few years old but I refuse to throw it away so it's getting some sporadic attention
1 shampoo bar
3 soaps: 1 from Soap Geek, 1 from the Royalty Soap recipe (not the craptastic tutorial soap) that I made a year ago, and 1 of my tallow recipe scented with Grape Soda. I feel like there's a 4th bar, but can't recall it off the top of my head.

I think there are about 5 of various recipes and one giant salt soap. The one I have been using often this week is a peppermint vanilla and it just smells so refreshing.
My husband has one at a time in his shower. How is that even possible? :)
Ooh i love peppermint in soap' I bet id love vanilla & peppermint too. 💫🧼

For me, only one. For Hubby, again, only one. I do have more soap outside the shower, but when I am doing it right (my right, not everyone else's right), I remove my soap from the shower & keep it out so it won't get wet when Hubby takes his shower. I do it this way because I want to prolong the life of my soap, which is kind of funny because I have way more soap than I can use up in one lifetime.
It's a great way to prolong your soap' after all we tell our soap users to let the soap dry between usages. 👍🏼😉😀

(...googles soap saver...) interesting! 🤔 (how did I get to be 60 and did not know about these!?)
I'd heard of them but had no use for them till I suddenly had all these soap scraps everywhere. The things we learn from this hobby, eh?

Apparently these are great add-ons to sell or gift with your soaps, along with soap lifts, soap dishes, etc.

Wow, this is beautiful. You must admire it every time you use it. I would.

I'd heard of them but had no use for them till I suddenly had all these soap scraps everywhere. The things we learn from this hobby, eh?

Apparently these are great add-ons to sell or gift with your soaps, along with soap lifts, soap dishes, etc.
I order some individual cavity molds a few months ago and they came with little nylon mesh bags that I decided must be soap saver bags. I filled one of the bags with bits and pieces from my ginormous collection of soap slivers, took it to the sink and gave it a try. OMG, the lather is like shaving cream on steroids. Yet another reason I love making soap.

I order some individual cavity molds a few months ago and they came with little nylon mesh bags that I decided must be soap saver bags. I filled one of the bags with bits and pieces from my ginormous collection of soap slivers, took it to the sink and gave it a try. OMG, the lather is like shaving cream on steroids. Yet another reason I love making soap.
Wow' gotta try that. 💫👍🏼

Back