Soap's In Shower

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy Clean Soap

Reaction score
Lets Play " fabulous Soapers "
How many soaps do you have in your shower right now?
Which Is Your Favorite & Why? Which Is Your Least Favorite & Why.

I'll Start:
I've got 4 different soaps in my shower' 😂🤣 my favorite is this end piece that smells minty its dark in color' very hard soap' & the bubbles are fantastic!!! even the Hubby asked "which soap it was, he loved it too) Only thing I haven't a clue which Batch it came from. ugh so its the mystery soap end piece I'll never know which reciepe it was. My least favoriate is this soap that i made several months back it doesent have a scent' its super soft & slimy' after use Yuk!,, It's just a bad batch. 💫🧼🤣🤗.

Awesome post. Now I can show my wife that I am not the only crazy soap person in the world that has multiple soaps in their shower. I currently have 5 soaps in my shower. My favorite right now is the last bar I have of the first soap I made back in Sept - A Bastille type soap with just Olive Oil, Shea and Castor. Used this same soap at 6 weeks and then this bar had been curing for over 5 months and its a such a better bar after the 5 months. Have a very cool looking red and black tiger stripe bar that I used Fireside EO/FO blend from WSP that smells so smoky and the smell sticks with me for part of the morning. I promised my wife no more new soaps until these 5 are done!!

Awesome post. Now I can show my wife that I am not the only crazy soap person in the world that has multiple soaps in their shower. I currently have 5 soaps in my shower. My favorite right now is the last bar I have of the first soap I made back in Sept - A Bastille type soap with just Olive Oil, Shea and Castor. Used this same soap at 6 weeks and then this bar had been curing for over 5 months and its a such a better bar after the 5 months. Have a very cool looking red and black tiger stripe bar that I used Fireside EO/FO blend from WSP that smells so smoky and the smell sticks with me for part of the morning. I promised my wife no more new soaps until these 5 are done!!
Your defiantly not alone. Love a FO that last. 💫👍🏼

Fun thread! This is my current soap situation. 😂 There is also one bar in the shower that my hubby uses.

Gosh, my favorite? My banana soap is getting a lot of mileage. It’s so bubbly and creamy. The bar made with rice flour and bamboo powder is sooooo nice. Scented with OT’s Egyptian Dragon and Peche de Vigne. It’s very exotic.

*notice the bar of Dove on the left-hand side of the dish, buried.

Attachments

• F0923671-8D35-4774-A27D-A3D54693C26F.jpeg
    F0923671-8D35-4774-A27D-A3D54693C26F.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 79
Fun thread! This is my current soap situation. 😂 There is also one bar in the shower that my hubby uses.

Gosh, my favorite? My banana soap is getting a lot of mileage. It’s so bubbly and creamy. The bar made with rice flour and bamboo powder is sooooo nice. Scented with OT’s Egyptian Dragon and Peche de Vigne. It’s very exotic.

*notice the bar of Dove on the left-hand side of the dish, buried.
Finally the over rated Dove takes a dive!!! love it. Your FO combo sounds Fab, 👍🏼💫

I feel like such a noob in comparison to you guys o_O this is my bathroom soap dish and kitchen window.

pixlr_20210318181455035.jpg

The dominant plain white bars are my very unexciting non-scented, non-coloured tallow based basic recipe.

Most of the rest are trimmings and ends in the process of testing.

My current favourite in actual use is the liquid soap, since that's what I've been making the longest. It's ginger and lemongrass scented and just delicious!

I only have three in the shower. One is for bathing (lemongrass EO), one is a loofah soap with Shampure scented FO (smells like Aveda), and the other is a shampoo bar in Sunflower scent. Sometimes I have two in the soap dish at the sink but right now I only have one in Moonflower scent.

I feel like such a noob in comparison to you guys o_O this is my bathroom soap dish and kitchen window.

View attachment 55241

The dominant plain white bars are my very unexciting non-scented, non-coloured tallow based basic recipe.

Most of the rest are trimmings and ends in the process of testing.

My current favourite in actual use is the liquid soap, since that's what I've been making the longest. It's ginger and lemongrass scented and just delicious!
Liquid Soap' Thats on my bucket list. 💫👍🏼

Right now there are 24 soaps in my shower and another 17 at the bathroom sink. Some of them are quite small because we’ve been testing them for months. They’re all my children and I don’t play favorites ❤
Wow' thats a lot.😁😂🙃 Yes they are all special in their own way' 💫🤗🧼🧼🧼💫🧼

I only have three in the shower. One is for bathing (lemongrass EO), one is a loofah soap with Shampure scented FO (smells like Aveda), and the other is a shampoo bar in Sunflower scent. Sometimes I have two in the soap dish at the sink but right now I only have one in Moonflower scent.
I recently made a soap that smells a lot like "Ivory soap" it was a mishap. 💫😉 😃.

I have a lot--we have an L-shaped soap holder thing that sticks on the wall--hubby's short side has about 4 or 5, but he likes using one until it's done, so that number keeps growing as I add soaps that I have made for him. I have about 15 or so on my part (there were more, but it was too heavy and the soap dish fell off the wall). Sometimes I'll use 3 in one shower--one for my face, one for most of the rest of me, and one for the girly bits. :)

I have a couple favorites--one is a bar with rhassoul clay and shea, mango, and cocoa butter. That has the most gorgeous lather. I like one I rebatched that has added oils and ground walnut shells.
I like all of them, tho.

It's funny---when I make a soap, fragrance is one of the most important things. But as I use them, fragrance becomes tertiary to the lather and how my skin feels when I step out of the shower.

Liquid Soap' Thats on my bucket list. 💫👍🏼
Funny enough that's what got me into soaping, and the only kind I made for, what, two years? 🤔
I have a lot of horsetail growing in my garden which drives me crazy, and a friend said it was really good for making shampoo from. I followed a train of inquiry that led me to believe that one could make shampoo from liquid soap... By the time I found out that was not necessarily a good idea, I was hooked on making homemade hand soap anyway.
(The horsetail remains unmolested)

For once, I will be the minimalist of the group! In my shower is exactly:

1. one syndet shampoo bar
2. one conditioner bar
3. one bar of a very well-aged 100% CO, 20%SF soap, made with pink kaolin clay and a light EO blend. I normally prefer my lard bars, but this particular batch turned out amazing for some reason; perhaps the clay? I've been unable to duplicate the feel by using the same recipe, so I have a nagging feeling that it was mislabeled and is really something else.

My sink, OTOH, has an unnamed number of soap scraps that are all crammed into a soap saver. The scent shifts depending on which scraps are tucked in. I love it for washing my hands bc it makes delicious lather and adds scrub without exfoliation. And using up the scraps satisfies my OCD about not wasting things. 😄

I should clarify that my husband prefers to use the other shower, and in HIS shower, there is one bar of his favorite Oatmeal-Molasses-Lard-Neem soap, along with a bottle of shampoo and an bottle of ACV for rinsing. That bathroom also has the FAHN-SEE soaps at the two sinks, since that is the bathroom used by guests.

Recently I looked at a tall cylindrical vase I had sitting in the back porch collecting wine corks and thought....hmmmm...I wonder if all those soap end pieces I have been neatly lining up in a box for the past year would fit. Some are losing their scent as they have been open to the air and they are all rather thin. So I washed out the vase, found a lid from a jar candle that fit and as luck would have it they fit perfectly. So now this is at my bathroom sink and I will feed off of it for soap at that sink. I kind of like how it looks too.
In the shower I only have 3 currently. I know lame...😂😂😂

56B599D3-CF0C-4688-A14E-26025BC8C052.jpeg

Recently I looked at a tall cylindrical vase I had sitting in the back porch collecting wine corks and thought....hmmmm...I wonder if all those soap end pieces I have been neatly lining up in a box for the past year would fit. Some are losing their scent as they have been open to the air and they are all rather thin. So I washed out the vase, found a lid from a jar candle that fit and as luck would have it they fit perfectly. So now this is at my bathroom sink and I will feed off of it for soap at that sink. I kind of like how it looks too.
In the shower I only have 3 currently. I know lame...😂😂😂

View attachment 55256
Great idea, looks lovely

Latest posts

Back