Soaps I recently made!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paula

Reaction score
Orange Creamsicle

ResizeofDSC00622.jpg

ResizeofDSC00625.jpg

ResizeofDSC00626.jpg

ResizeofDSC00628.jpg

Energy Soap

ResizeofDSC00613.jpg

ResizeofDSC00621.jpg

White Tea & Ginger w/ Maddar Root

ResizeofDSC00596.jpg

that is probably some of the most beautiful swirling/soaps ive seen!!

i was almost going to ask you if you PAINTED them!!

GREAT job!

I wish i could swirl like that!

Very pretty. What is the trick and how did you get that orange color? I love it.

Martin said:
Very pretty. What is the trick and how did you get that orange color? I love it.

Thank-you for all the nice comments!! For the orange I just used FD&C liquid colorant, and I used TD for the whole batch, so it made the orange a nice pastel type orange. It smells so good though it's making me hungry!!~lol... :wink:

Paula;

Your soap is wonderfully beautiful "Bonito Jabon" "Buena Vista" I have
a desire for Orange Soap and you have created a masterpiece.

Paula, do you put plastic film on top of your soaps to keep from getting ash?
Also, how do you keep the swirls from going all the way thru the soap? May be you need to give a swirl class on here :)

Martin said:
Paula, do you put plastic film on top of your soaps to keep from getting ash?
Also, how do you keep the swirls from going all the way thru the soap? May be you need to give a swirl class on here :)

Actually with some soaps I do get ash, and I do see a tiny bit on these ones too, but it doesn't bother me. I don't use saran because I don't want to ruin the swirlies :D
I just put a piece of wax paper over the top (not touching the soap), and then a peice of cardboard over that, then towels...Here is a pic of what I used for a mold for the Orange Vanilla Soap, and I poured it in the middle one and insulated with towels in the empty side compartments:

DSC00487.jpg

Also, when I don't want the swirls going all the way through the soap, I pour the color for the swirls very close to the base soap so it doesn't sink in, as it will if you pour higher up from the mold, and then I swirl using a bamboo stick lightly on the top as well, not sinking the stick in very far. Hope that answers your question!~ :D

Cheers,
Paula :wink:

Ash develops during the first 24 hours after the soap is poured. If you are covering and insulating wait to remove the soap from the mold till the 24 hour has passed and there will be no ash. Judy

Paula, these are the most beautiful bars of soap I have ever seen. Do you know where I could get information on layering? I have checked this forum but didn't find too much about it.

Back