Soaps for little ones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink-north

Reaction score
I've been asked to make a soap suitable for young children. Does anyone have any thoughts on where to start? Is there such a thing as a "tear-free" soap? and wouldn't any mild CP soap work? :?

Depending on the age of the child, fragrance free/color free castille would be a good choice.
An older child should be able to tolerate Citrus or Lavender. There is no such thing as "tear free", unless it's a synthetic bar.

Irena

I just bought some soaps today from a fall festival and one is a baby soap. The oils are olive and castor and shea butter- no fragrance. Really soft and creamy.

black squirrel said:
I just bought some soaps today from a fall festival and one is a baby soap. The oils are olive and castor and shea butter- no fragrance. Really soft and creamy.

Sounds like a good one.
I have heard that if your child has latex allergies, you shouldn't use shea.

Just my 2 cents.
Irena

Do you have the book "Soapmakers Companion"? There is a great recipe in there called Baby Grand just for little ones.
Erin

Thanks for the suggestions everyone:). I didn't think that castile soap was all that popular, but I guess it's the most mild.

I haven't read the book Soapmaker's companion, but will check it out. BTW who writes it?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone:). I didn't think that castile soap was all that popular, but I guess it's the most mild.

I haven't read the book Soapmaker's companion, but will check it out. BTW who writes it?

Latest posts

Back