soaps for a cosmetic spa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, Rose EO aka "Absolute" is not the same as Rose Geranium that is less pricey although on the expensive side. But worth it. That's why I suggested using it with a folded orange eo -- it's one of the least expensive. :nodding:
Ahh the NDA site show it differently ... there is a "rose geranium" with $178 for 100ml and there is "geranium" with $32 for 100ml

Ahh the NDA site show it differently ... there is a "rose geranium" with $178 for 100ml and there is "geranium" with $32 for 100ml
$178 CA for 100 ml sounds about right.

In my post, the Rose Geranium is a link to Eden Botanicals where you can read all about it. :) $98 US for 4 oz.

ThAt pricey comparing to some other EOs that are $10 -$30
Yes it is.
But, to be fair, I can't think of an EO that is in that $10-$30 range for 100ml / 4 oz. these days with everything going up in price. Hmmm. 🤔 I need to check that out. Do you have a source?

ETA: I just found this one: Rose Geranium EO- $26 for 100ml but I don't know if I would trust that seller, especially since it's so much cheaper than the well known brands I use.

Last edited:
Yes it is.
But, to be fair, I can't think of an EO that is in that $10-$30 range for 100ml / 4 oz. these days with everything going up in price. Hmmm. 🤔 I need to check that out. Do you have a source?
"New Directions Aromatics" but it based in Canada where I live ... probably like 30 mins away so I can just go and pick up the order ... it not a walk in and look around place... it a warehouse/online store basically

"New Directions Aromatics" but it based in Canada
:thumbs::thumbs: They are in the USA too. A lot of SMF members use them, me included, but I haven't purchased from them lately. I'll definitely check them out. TY!

ETA: I just found this one: Rose Geranium EO- $26 for 100ml but I don't know if I would trust that seller, especially since it's so much cheaper than the well known brands I use.

I just went to Baba Export In -- where I found that Rose Geranium -- incredible prices. Free shipping from India.

:thumbs::thumbs: They are in the USA too. A lot of SMF members use them, me included, but I haven't purchased from them lately. I'll definitely check them out. TY!
I saw a random soaper from the US on Instagram... mentioned one of her best selling soaps is rose petal... from what I read on soap ingredients list ..she used a EO blend of rose geranium, jasmin, lavender, palmarosa and cedarwood

Before picking up my last order I emailed and asked if they had reopened the showroom. They said yes and I sniffed ALL of the fragrances when i went to collect. 😊
Haha
My first and only order was like a couple ago and was an online order
So I can go in the showroom and pick what I want, whatever size and buy them on the spot?

I reckon you should use essential oils in this situation. You could try some of the ones we discussed on your other thread about your six types of scents. Maybe Mr @Zing 's lemongrass and rosemary, spearmint and a touch of rosemary is quite nice for an 'ocean' scent, and good old lavender you can't go wrong with.
My personal favourite would be:
Patchouli! :D
Patchouli is definitely my favorite too!

Haha
My first and only order was like a couple ago and was an online order

So I can go in the showroom and pick what I want, whatever size and buy them on the spot?
I went to the showroom to smell the fragrances before I purchased. I'm not sure if ypu can buy on the spot or if you still have to wait the processing time. It isn't a storefront but a showroom where they had samples of the products they sell.

I went to the showroom to smell the fragrances before I purchased. I'm not sure if ypu can buy on the spot or if you still have to wait the processing time. It isn't a storefront but a showroom where they had samples of the products they sell.
Make sense ... I figured that ... they got big barrel size of fragrance oil.. probably take time to use machinery to get and handle it ... too much work to get it done on the spot in a short time if they have a storefront

High Altitude French Lavender was a best seller for my wholesale customer in Mobile for 10 years.

MMS Tahitian Vanilla flew off the table at an event I did in my early days in an office building. It discolors to fudge brown. :cool: I named it "Bora Bora".
50/50 Lavender/Anise
sold out when a gal bought a bar on her lunch hour and came back at 4 PM to take the 5 remaining bars.

Rose Geranium EO is fresh, clean, unisex, and unique because not many soapers use it as a single note fragrance. Because it is expensive, consider blending it with a folded orange EO.

NOTE: Oakmoss (10%) can be used to anchor most single note EOs at 1-5% of the blend to "stick" the scent (i.e. longer lasting) in soap. It is known to be a "sensitizer" if you use too much but it is considered, not only safe, but effective at that low % of use.
Wished there is a decent vanilla fragrance here in canada ... I asked quite a bit of canadian soapers, it hard to find one that isn't fake smelling

The rose geranium eo blend with fold orange ... I only gave access to orange x5 fold ... what would be the percentage ratio you recommend?

The rose geranium eo blend with fold orange ... I only gave access to orange x5 fold ... what would be the percentage ratio you recommend?
My advice? Trust your nose! 😁

When I want to create a blend, I use 10 drops on a cotton ball set on a square of tinfoil. I set aside a morning or afternoon when I'm least likely to be interrupted. I write at least 3 variations of the combo, starting with 50/50 of each and go up or down from there. Your nose will tell you as you move along. You may want to add another variation or 2.

Once done, I fold the tinfoil over the cotton ball and seal each one with the blend I wrote ddwn before starting. I then sniff in an hour later, again the next day, again once in a while over the next 2 weeks.

OPTION: If you have a diffuser that holds 100ml water, add 10 drops to that to see what turns you on. ;)

Back