soaps for a cosmetic spa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deafsoaper

Reaction score
I got approached by somebody today that I know who own a cosmetic spa. She does the typical botox, laser hair, hydra facial thing, nail, tanning etc

She want to carry 3 scented seamoss soaps for her spa because her spa inspired by the caribbean theme spas. She have a bit of a retail spot in her spa with typical major cosmetic brands name for skins, hairs etc. She couldn't find someone who can make seamoss soaps locally.

Her clientele is 90% female, 10% male... majority of the females are late 30s and 40s years old women.

She doesn't know what scents she want to do since she limited to 3 scents only lol

what scents do you guys recommend that would fit her situation. I assumed I would propose 2 female friendly scents and 1 unisex to catch a male buyer once in a while.

what do you think?

I reckon you should use essential oils in this situation. You could try some of the ones we discussed on your other thread about your six types of scents. Maybe Mr @Zing 's lemongrass and rosemary, spearmint and a touch of rosemary is quite nice for an 'ocean' scent, and good old lavender you can't go wrong with.
My personal favourite would be:
Patchouli! :D

I reckon you should use essential oils in this situation. You could try some of the ones we discussed on your other thread about your six types of scents. Maybe Mr @Zing 's lemongrass and rosemary, spearmint and a touch of rosemary is quite nice for an 'ocean' scent, and good old lavender you can't go wrong with.
My personal favourite would be:
Patchouli! :D
Yeah I will check back on my other thread ...I figured women would like a floral scent of some sort... maybe some rose blend or something similar

lol i figured you would mention patchouli lol ... but with the spa only want 3 scents, gotta be something universal scents to appeal to many people as possible... and patchouli known to be a love or hate scent.

I know people who love/hate just about everything, including lavender. That said, I have found that a lot of men will choose lavender over other fragrances. And for every 10 women I give soap to, maybe 2 will choose a floral.
If you are trying to stick with EOs only:
1. lavender 40/42 - maybe add a touch of geranium, ylang or cedarwood. I would use it alone as none of the other three are high on my like it list. Geranium and ylang are both accelerators for me, so since you have only been making soap for a couple of months I'd recommend using a very light hand with those.
2. Litsea cubeba
3. Peppermint with eucalyptus or rosemary.

I have read that rosemary should be avoided during pregnancy. I don't know if that applies to a wash-off product, but you need to do some research.

If you are open to using FOs, there are a lot of other options.

I know people who love/hate just about everything, including lavender. That said, I have found that a lot of men will choose lavender over other fragrances. And for every 10 women I give soap to, maybe 2 will choose a floral.
If you are trying to stick with EOs only:
1. lavender 40/42 - maybe add a touch of geranium, ylang or cedarwood. I would use it alone as none of the other three are high on my like it list. Geranium and ylang are both accelerators for me, so since you have only been making soap for a couple of months I'd recommend using a very light hand with those.
2. Litsea cubeba
3. Peppermint with eucalyptus or rosemary.

I have read that rosemary should be avoided during pregnancy. I don't know if that applies to a wash-off product, but you need to do some research.

If you are open to using FOs, there are a lot of other options.
I'm fine with FO... I'm from Canada though, I get my FO scents from windy point or NDA and get my EO from NDA only

The owner want the best possible selling scents since she only offering 3 scents
I make a lavender, rosemary and cedarwood essential oil soap, lotion, etc. that EVERYONE loves! I’m an esthetician and that’s my combo when I do my scalp massage. Everyone says it smells like a spa!
Ooo cool ... what is your percentage for those 3?

I'm fine with FO... I'm from Canada though, I get my FO scents from windy point or NDA and get my EO from NDA only

The owner want the best possible selling scents since she only offering 3 scents

Ooo cool ... what is your percentage for those 3?
I use the brambleberry calculator and break my batch into three and use each oil accordingly.

I talked to the spa owner recently ... she want lavender, vanilla and doesn't know for the third scent and asked for suggestions

For lavender most likely 40/42 lavender EO or French lavender from NDA

For vanilla, obviously no essential oil for it so NDA have 4 options which are French vanilla, tahitian vanilla, vanilla cream and vanilla

Third scent... not sure yet since 90% of her customers are females ..maybe black raspberry vanilla FO or rosemary/peppermint/little lavender EO blend

I make a lavender, rosemary and cedarwood essential oil soap, lotion, etc. that EVERYONE loves! I’m an esthetician and that’s my combo when I do my scalp massage. Everyone says it smells like a spa!
I’m so excited because I don’t think I ever tried that combo in my never-ending search for a spa-like scent. Thank you!

For vanilla, obviously no essential oil for it so NDA have 4 options which are French vanilla, tahitian vanilla, vanilla cream and vanilla

Third scent... not sure yet since 90% of her customers are females ..maybe black raspberry vanilla FO or rosemary/peppermint/little lavender EO blend
High Altitude French Lavender was a best seller for my wholesale customer in Mobile for 10 years.

MMS Tahitian Vanilla flew off the table at an event I did in my early days in an office building. It discolors to fudge brown. :cool: I named it "Bora Bora".
50/50 Lavender/Anise
sold out when a gal bought a bar on her lunch hour and came back at 4 PM to take the 5 remaining bars.

Rose Geranium EO is fresh, clean, unisex, and unique because not many soapers use it as a single note fragrance. Because it is expensive, consider blending it with a folded orange EO.

NOTE: Oakmoss (10%) can be used to anchor most single note EOs at 1-5% of the blend to "stick" the scent (i.e. longer lasting) in soap. It is known to be a "sensitizer" if you use too much but it is considered, not only safe, but effective at that low % of use.

I talked to the spa owner recently ... she want lavender, vanilla and doesn't know for the third scent and asked for suggestions

Make sure she knows vanilla will discolor brown, she might change her mind about it

High Altitude French Lavender was a best seller for my wholesale customer in Mobile for 10 years.

MMS Tahitian Vanilla flew off the table at an event I did in my early days in an office building. It discolors to fudge brown. :cool: I named it "Bora Bora".
50/50 Lavender/Anise
sold out when a gal bought a bar on her lunch hour and came back at 4 PM to take the 5 remaining bars.

Rose Geranium EO is fresh, clean, unisex, and unique because not many soapers use it as a single note fragrance. Because it is expensive, consider blending it with a folded orange EO.

NOTE: Oakmoss (10%) can be used to anchor most single note EOs at 1-5% of the blend to "stick" the scent (i.e. longer lasting) in soap. It is known to be a "sensitizer" if you use too much but it is considered, not only safe, but effective at that low % of use.
Good tips thanks
Rose EO definitely a bit pricey lol
Make sure she knows vanilla will discolor brown, she might change her mind about it
Yeah I told her that ... she said she is ok with that apparently

Latest posts

Back