Soaps—the last eight months

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Soaps_zpsto6thzax.png

I haven't been active on this forum for a while, but I have been making soaps. Here are some of the recent batches: Left to right: cedar & fir; West Indian bay; cedar & lemongrass; West Indian sandalwood; lemon eucalyptus; and rosemary.

Colors and fragrances

They look lovely! I really like the colors, do you use natural colorants? I'm assuming your names are the fragrances?

The colorants are all natural. The green soap on the left is colored with chlorella; the six-sided bar was colored with green clay; the yellow bar with annatto. The brown bars were colored with cocoa powder and/or tomato paste.

The scents in my description are the essential oils I used in each batch. That's one of the joys of soap making: the aromatherapy!

I love the natural look of your soaps. When I buy soaps from other vendors at fairs, they are the type of soap that I buy. Nice job. :)

Welcome back home , we left the lights on for you :) . your natural soap colors looks rich and inviting as well as the soaps themselves . how is the west indian sandalwood ? i've only seen it at one site online but it's too pricey for me at the moment . i like the scent profiles that you use in your soaps , its like a walk in the woods.

Welcome back home , we left the lights on for you :) . your natural soap colors looks rich and inviting as well as the soaps themselves . how is the west indian sandalwood ? i've only seen it at one site online but it's too pricey for me at the moment . i like the scent profiles that you use in your soaps , its like a walk in the woods.
Janeau—the essential oil was amyris, which was described as West Indian sandalwood. However, I later discovered that amyris is also described as West Indian rosewood, and the scent is much closer to rosewood than sandalwood. I was hoping for a sandalwood EO substitute. I do like the scent of the soap and will use it again when I want a rosewood scented soap.

Darrell

Back