Soapmaking Podcast?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
Can any of you recommend me a soapmaking podcast? The search engine on google podcasts is just atrocious, so I thought maybe one of you could point me in the direction of something quality and entertaining. Thanks!

Oooh I didn't know there was one. If someone finds a soapy podcast, I do hope it is posted here so we can all follow. If there isn't one, I nominate @MellonFriend to start one. Because you had the idea ;)
Haha, yeah, right because we all want to listen to a beginner soapmaking fumble for words on subjects which she knows but little about. 😅 Anyone who wants to steal my idea, be my guest.

Oh...I think that that would be fun to do. It's not like I don't have anything else going on...full-time job, soap business, knitting, disabled husband...in my life.

So what would folks like to hear?

Oh...I think that that would be fun to do. It's not like I don't have anything else going on...full-time job, soap business, knitting, disabled husband...in my life.

So what would folks like to hear?
I've done a podcast in the past (knitting-related); it's a steep learning curve and a LOT of work!

I've done a podcast in the past (knitting-related); it's a steep learning curve and a LOT of work!
It can't be any worse than running a Loom-a-Long FB group or teaching loom knit in a class or giving a ASP.NET presentation to your peers or running a three day convention for 1500.

Last edited:
Perhaps. But now do that every week (or whatever timeline you choose).
I'm not worried about the technical aspects...I have a good video camera, lights, space and I know how to edit. I'm not shy, have a fairly decent sense of humor and can tell a good story and have written scripts for the classes I used to teach.

My biggest concern would be subject matter. What do folks in the industry want to talk about? What do they want to know? Are they wanting product reviews? Company reviews? Where to buy stuff? How to get started making soap? How to start a soap making business? How to troubleshoot problems? Marketing and advertising? And so and so forth. I don't want to actually make soap...there are literally hundreds and hundreds of videos that do this already.

ETA: 30 minutes, weekly

My biggest concern would be subject matter. What do folks in the industry want to talk about? What do they want to know? Are they wanting product reviews? Company reviews? Where to buy stuff? How to get started making soap? How to start a soap making business? How to troubleshoot problems? Marketing and advertising? And so and so forth.
All of the above

I think you could get a lot of inspiration by the types of questions people ask here; we all know there are questions that are asked over and over. Tips and tricks are always appreciated. You could get all science-y and geeky but I think people appreciate the down to earth stuff, some of the fun/funny stuff, some of the kinds of things @DeeAnna writes about on her web page (written in a down to earth way that anyone can understand).

What do they want to know? Are they wanting product reviews? Company reviews? Where to buy stuff? How to get started making soap? How to start a soap making business? How to troubleshoot problems? Marketing and advertising? And so and so
forth. I don't want to actually make soap...there are literally hundreds and hundreds of videos that do this already.
Yes all of this. It would also be great to hear interviews with other soapmakers and hear their experiences how they started their businesses, their favorite techniques, etc.

I'm not worried about the technical aspects...I have a good video camera, lights, space and I know how to edit. I'm not shy, have a fairly decent sense of humor and can tell a good story and have written scripts for the classes I used to teach.

My biggest concern would be subject matter. What do folks in the industry want to talk about? What do they want to know? Are they wanting product reviews? Company reviews? Where to buy stuff? How to get started making soap? How to start a soap making business? How to troubleshoot problems? Marketing and advertising? And so and so forth. I don't want to actually make soap...there are literally hundreds and hundreds of videos that do this already.

Personally, I would love to hear about the fails… and what you learned from them (and hilarious results would be awesome, too)

and all of the above would be fantastic! I listen to all of my podcasts in a warm bath, so how fitting!

Industry trends would be good to discuss. New and interesting techniques, for designs, colour. I would love to know more on how to mix and pair fragrances.

And some science-y stuff too. I know as a newbie myself, as soon as I got over the freak-out factor of working with lye, I wanted to rocket right to the top of the most elaborate gorgeous designs, but I didn't have the working knowledge and experience to make it happen. I should've been more methodical in my progression and first mastered simple skills. I would've saved myself a lot of frustration -- and questions here!

as @Misschief mentioned, there is several seasons of discussion topics in the questions asked right here :)

Back