Soapmaking Friend Bug Issues / New Feature Requests - August 2019

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmin

Reaction score
Looks interesting. I'll try it this week to see how it works.

Renpef

Reaction score
Just did a quick lookie loo.....it looks great!.....looked for my fav ingredients and found them.....but I didn't type in a recipe to see for sure

kaysejean

Reaction score
I just looked at it, and it's missing a way to use non-water additives. I use aloe juice in most of my recipes, and there's no way to add that. It's probably the same lye-wise as any other watery liquid, but if we're sharing recipes, that would have to go in the notes.
I doubt I'll use this feature; I have SoapMaker 3 and am quite happy with it, so I make my recipes from there. I realize that not everyone wants to pay for a program, so this might be useful for others.
I believe you add aloe juice as a custom additive, and then check the water replacement button.

rainlily

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never used this. Looks interesting tho. I generally use soapmaker3 or formulate myself...

dschiavo

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with it and I actually like it. The only think I personally would like is to display lbs next to the oz

SoapPoopette

Reaction score
I wanted to close the other thread and get everyone's feedback on two topics:

1. What is still broken or not working as you want at Soapmaking Friend?
  2. What features are missing or need more work at Soapmaking Friend?
I feel ashamed for not talking about this sooner because I found it to be very helpful and user friendly. If you are unsure of certain options there are brief explanations to help. The numbers have been right on point as well. Only used it for liquid soap so far but will be using for CP & HP very soon.

SusanK

Reaction score
I hadn't checked it out until now and I have to say I really like it. Have been using soapcalc forever but i'm thinking i'll switch to Soapmaking Friend. Since I was only checking it out I can't comment too much on any bugs or missing items at this point. But in HP I use yogurt and I didn't see that additive. oh and coconut milk, aloe vera liquid, two of my common water replacements :)

MaryVee

Reaction score
I wanted to close the other thread and get everyone's feedback on two topics:

1. What is still broken or not working as you want at Soapmaking Friend?
  2. What features are missing or need more work at Soapmaking Friend?
It seemed to work well for me but the lye ratios,lye concentration and lye masterbatching confused me a little. I love that you can add what additives you are using

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. I don’t use it often, mostly because I am comfortable with SoapCalc.

Status
Not open for further replies.