Soapmaker from the UK :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCronesCauldron

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I'm here to mingle with other soapmakers and absorb information!

Despite making soap for years I'm still a total newbie when it comes to the rules and regulations of selling. In the UK it seems like the legalities of selling bath and body products are quite in depth and long winded. I've been going through the process for a little while now and only recently received my completed CPSR. I do want to make sure I get everything right and perform above board so I thought I'd pop on here and ask a few questions of the people who know this process best, as I did get myself a bit overwhelmed today trying to figure it all out.

Looking forward to chatting to you all :)

Hi and welcome! I'm also in the UK, but can't help with CSPR etc I'm afraid, since I've made the decision to keep my soap making at a purely hobby level. That's due to both the large amount of regulation (with associated expense) and my health issues.

While I'd love to be able to sell the odd few bars to cover costs when I'm well enough to make soap, much of what I make is used at home anyway, and the rest has no trouble finding homes amongst family and friends. 😊

If you have your CSPR - you will need a Product information file. This is where you will list every batch you make. This will include the batch numbers of each ingredient. Date of manufacture etc. you will then need to add your soap to the government online portal and you also need a pair of calibrated scales. As your selling by weight this needs to be in place to ensure accuracy.

Latest posts

Back