Soapmaker 3 software

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPowers

Reaction score
Any soapmaker 3 users out there? I just purchased the Soapmaker 3 Lite version and after spending a ton of time with input of information, I'm wondering how beneficial this program really is. I have a Shofipy account so I don't need it for inventory, invoices or the like but I want something that will give me reports of income and expenses. This software seems good for costing, etc. but what else does it have to offer.

Also considering SoapmakingFriend.com because of it's app.

Any insights would be appreciated. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks... does is provide full accounting functions? What is the main thing you love about it?

Any soapmaker 3 users out there? I just purchased the Soapmaker 3 Lite version and after spending a ton of time with input of information, I'm wondering how beneficial this program really is. I have a Shofipy account so I don't need it for inventory, invoices or the like but I want something that will give me reports of income and expenses. This software seems good for costing, etc. but what else does it have to offer.{/QUOTE]

I am an accountant by day. SM3 is NOT accounting software, which I why I also use QuickBooks. And while QB works for a lot of industries, it's really fiddly when in comes to manufacturing which is why I use SM3. And while Shopify will track your finished product inventory, it doesn't track your other inventory...like ingredients, labels, packaging, etc, nor does it track all of your expenses (which SM3) doesn't do either. So I use a combination of all three...SM3 to track the manufacturing, Shopify for sales, and QB for accounting.

Thanks... I quickly came to that conclusion. I have Quicken for my household but not Quickbooks... guess I'll have to look into that.

I love it for inventory tracking of supplies and product, re-use of supplies or product, write-offs, and general accounting.

I'd like to mention, since my operation is super small...I don't need a lot of bells and whistles yet for the accounting. I have very little overhead that I basically just ignore at this point.

Last edited:
I believe Crawford is developing a new version - SM4 - that will have some robust accounting functionality, however I only briefly read that article, so could be mistaken. Not sure when it will be available, but I think he said sometime in the first quarter of next year (2021)

Latest posts

Back