Soapmaker 3 Lite question re additive amts.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
Does anyone out there who has SM3 Lite know how to make the amount of an additive less than one percent? I'd like to put ROE in there at .05%, but I can't seem to get it to do that. I've tried everything I can think of, but 1% is as low as it will go. It's not a biggie, but if it can be done, I'd like to change it.

I can get as close as 1/10 of a percent, but that is as close as I can go with Soapmaker 3 Pro.

I can get as close as 1/10 of a percent, but that is as close as I can go with Soapmaker 3 Pro.

Thank you for that, I thought it might just be me. Seems funny, with all the things SM can do, that it can't do that. Oh well, I'll just calculate it on my own.

Entering small percentages in SoapMaker

In non-soap recipes, you can enter ingredients by percentages as small as 0.01. But in soap recipes, the smallest is 0.1%. If you need to go smaller, there's a trick you can use...
Set the total desired weight to 10 times what you want, and enter your ingredient as 0.1%. When complete, save the recipe and then use the Resize button and size it to 10% of the original recipe. Now you'll have the correct weight of all your ingredients, including the 0.01% item.

Crawford

In non-soap recipes, you can enter ingredients by percentages as small as 0.01. But in soap recipes, the smallest is 0.1%. If you need to go smaller, there's a trick you can use...
Set the total desired weight to 10 times what you want, and enter your ingredient as 0.1%. When complete, save the recipe and then use the Resize button and size it to 10% of the original recipe. Now you'll have the correct weight of all your ingredients, including the 0.01% item.

Crawford

Brilliant!!!

smileys-thanks-771216.gif

Latest posts

Back