Soaping withdrawl - visiting the Lush store

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saipan

Reaction score
So, boys are out of the house at college, been traveling for work the past 6 weeks, haven't been able to make soap.

Coming home tonight, I have a trip to the Minnesota Renaissance Faire this weekend, I usually make bathbombs for the hotel for my wife, not sure if I'll have time to make them tonight.

There is a Lush store on the way, what are the popular bathbomb scents? Anyone know?

I've heard good things about their Avobath one (I think that's what it is called). Sorry, I haven't tried any of their bathbombs myself.

I haven't smelled any Lush products in person, but the dupe of Karma I had was very nice.

Have fun at the MN Renaissance Festival - this will be the first year since 1975 I won't be going :(

I have a trip to the Minnesota Renaissance Faire this weekend...

I can't help with the bath bomb question, but I can give some advice regarding the food at the festival. Look for The Lazy Dragon - they make the most amazing crepes! Take the first left after coming in through the front gate :) I might be a bit biased because they are friends of mine, but I like to think I'm an equal opportunity eater.

I can't buy a thing from Lush. The scents from that store could be smelled almost in the middle of the side walk, last I passed one. It would irritate my mom horribly.

I really like So white and Sultana dupes
I'm lucky enough to have supplier here that sells their dupes.
Avobathe was lovely too but I used it in soap and created problems. Will probably work in bath bombs.
Olive branch is nice too.
So, tne only downside is that the only available sizes here are really big, no samples. So if it'sa dud, it's a waste of money.

I've been eyeing 1000 kisses and Comforter dupes. But I'm scared of wasting money. I'm quite sure they are sourced from FB? Does anyone know if they are any good? I looked through huge FB thread about their FOs but can't find info on these two.

Most of the scents that I really loved are gone. I have a Flying Fox dupe that I intend to try out, hoping it smells like the shower gel. I haven't ordered anything from them in ages now, but I still have a glitter bar called Shimmy Shimmy I'll use from time to time, though it tends to smell like 'old lady cosmetics'.

Latest posts

Back