Soaping with my Niece

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I got to soap with my great-niece who is 12 and a totaly fan of hand-made soaps. She chose the colours, fragrance and glitter for the top of this soap and then named it Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust:

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

We also made 3 others, 1 of them a cream soap which I didn't take pictuers of, but here are the other 2:

Hawaiin Ginger:

DSC00161.jpg

Goatmeal Honey (Goat's Milk Liquid/Frozen, Oatmeal & Honey)

DSC00160.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Beautiful! I'm very impressed and kind of depressed that a 12 year old is this expert.

Could you send your great-niece to my house to give me soap making lessons? :D

Stunning! My 9 yo is dying to soap with me, but right now I only let her pick colors, scents and help with the sprinkles on top after it's done HPing. She also loves to do M&P. It's fun to have a young soaper around, isn't it?
I love the name and colors that she picked.

OMG they look so good. I want to make something like the first one but it will be a while till my swirls will look that good. Ugh...I am envious....

Thank you everyone. Houston (my niece) weighed out all the oils, SB'd her soap, measured frgrances. mixed the colours and poured the colours back into the pot. She poured the lines for the top swirls too. We'll cut it tomorrow so I'll post cut pics.

I didn't let her in the soap kitchen while I was mixing the lye.

Nancy it was great to have her there helping me and sharing the experience.

Very Pretty Lindy, I love the name, the colors and most especially the sparkles.

Lovely! Textures are so nice and just the right amount of glitter on the colors. It is fun to soap with my nephews--they are young so it is m&p, but i do enjoy sharing the hobby.

What gorgeous colors!! I especially love the glitter- haven't used it yet, but was actually just asking on the forum the other day about it...

My daughters and I like to soap together too! They've actually created some of my customers' favorite EO blends.

Anything we can do as mom's/grandmom's/aunt's, etc., to introduce our kids to crafting is a great thing. So few people are passing that sort of stuff down.

Bravo to you!!!

Thank you everyone - it will be a very special memory - she's a little darling. Deda I couldn't believe the name she came up with for it and I absolutely love it!

My 7 year odl great niece is here now this week as well and since her sister got to make soap well she wants to :shock: - NOT So instead we're going to make some bath bombs.... that's safe enough. I haven't done MP so I don't know how to create those gorgeous soaps you MPers make!

Lindy said:
Thank you everyone - it will be a very special memory - she's a little darling. Deda I couldn't believe the name she came up with for it and I absolutely love it!

My 7 year odl great niece is here now this week as well and since her sister got to make soap well she wants to :shock: - NOT So instead we're going to make some bath bombs.... that's safe enough. I haven't done MP so I don't know how to create those gorgeous soaps you MPers make!

I'm not really a MPer so our MP soaps are not fancy, but I let the kids pick some molds from the craft store and they have a wonderful time. We've also used popsicle molds and wood sticks to make soapsicles. Those are a favorite for the kids and very easy.

Thank Chrissy

Nancy thanks - I won't have time now to get some here before they leave, but I think for next year I'll do some experimenting and have some here. I live 100 miles north of Vancouver and because there are 2 ferries to get here it usually takes about 5 hours.... :shock: Needless to say I have everything shipped.....

Wow Lindy! I love the colors on your swirl soap. That looks like something my niece would LOVE. Glitter!

Can you post cut pics when you cut?

The oatmeal looks so creamy! Great job, Lindy!

Sure will - I plan on cutting tomorrow - I like to let them set up a couple of days before I cut because we're in such a humid environment here...

Latest posts

Back