Soaping Week-End 10/18-10/19

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandolyn

Reaction score
What's going to be in your soap pot this week-end?

I won't be making any soap, but I need to inventory mine.

I'll be scenting some really awesome goat'smilk cream base I got & packaging into my new cobalt jars.

I'm going to make one a Foot Cream.

What's a good scent for foot cream other than mint? :?:

My soap pot just had a coffee stout in it. It is in my mold now and I will slice tomorrow.

Bruce

Have you hugged a moose today?

Soaping Weekend 10/18-10/19

I'm going to try some yogurt soap. I am trying to decide what FO or EO i should use, if any. I welcome suggestions!

Re: Soaping Weekend 10/18-10/19

reallyrita said:
I'm going to try some yogurt soap. I am trying to decide what FO or EO i should use, if any. I welcome suggestions!

Maybe coconut, mango or OM&H?

mandolyn said:

I won't be making any soap, but I need to inventory mine.

I'll be scenting some really awesome goat'smilk cream base I got & packaging into my new cobalt jars.

I'm going to make one a Foot Cream.

What's a good scent for foot cream other than mint? :?:

some people like citrus scents.

I'm waiting for my order of soy wax from wsp so I can start making my parasoy candles! i'm also waiting for bottles and lotion!

Christmas Catalogue

I have decided to concentate on putting a Christmas Soap Catalogue together instead of making the soaps this weekend.Also to finish off lables for my three rose soaps ready to debut on the 24th October and counting.
I will only do one copy to give to friends coming up my way who stored my freezer when I moved.Hopefully getting the freezer back will help with some demolding.
This lady works in a large corporation and I think will have fun taking orders from her work mates and making some extra money in the process.I decided I would offer a free soap to any one ordering over 5 bars.Take 25% deposit and have delivery date in November.
Any extra ideas?
Thanks in advance.
:D :D :D

I'm gonna get 2 batches of GM/yogurt soap done scented with pink sugar and fall harvest. I have one loaf to rebatch ... it was really fugly .. we'll see how it works out.

Good to be put on the spot

It's amazing.In a way you gave me something to work towards by placing that question Mandolin.
I have been down and seen my friends and they are so excited over the idea.The lady is going to take my catalogue to her work and run off 50 copies.(H.H.) I had better get myself prepared for those results.We had such a fun time and she said she will get me a DVD called Perfume and a book called bloom ,both which will further my soap making education.Now all I have to do is make sure the butterflies in my stomach fly in unisen.
Thankyou Pepper, how did you get that name may we ask?
Just as well I am tottally besotted with Soap making.
:lol: :lol:

Re: Good to be put on the spot

starduster said:
It's amazing.In a way you gave me something to work towards by placing that question Mandolin.
I have been down and seen my friends and they are so excited over the idea.The lady is going to take my catalogue to her work and run off 50 copies.(H.H.) I had better get myself prepared for those results.We had such a fun time and she said she will get me a DVD called Perfume and a book called bloom ,both which will further my soap making education.Now all I have to do is make sure the butterflies in my stomach fly in unisen.
Thankyou Pepper, how did you get that name may we ask?
Just as well I am tottally besotted with Soap making.
:lol: :lol:

I loved that cartoon pepper ann so hence came pepperi

I am melting (gently!) a batch of MP Avocado Butter Bar soap back down to add more May Change eo to the mix - I was a little light on the first time around and it smells no where near as fresh and yummy as it should! I will also be trying my hand for the first time at a light face & body lotion. Come Tuesday I will be making my very first CP batch!

Best wishes,

Tanya :)

I'm finally making soap this weekend! I've also been doing some small batch experimenting with new B&B recipes.

Yesterday I made up a batch of sensitive skin soap for a friend who I said I'd make it for months ago. Mild oils, no fragrance and a dash of calendula extract.

Today I am going to modify the same recipe a bit to add some green and white clay and make a face soap bar and see how that goes. Maybe add some tea tree EO instead of the calendula. I want to divide the batch in two and mix each clay separately into the halves and then swirl together. It'll be a bit of a first for a few techniques there for me.

I made a lotion bar yesterday that cooled into a block of wax so I need to melt that down and soften it up somehow.

Also mixed together a toner with orange water, witch hazel, ylang ylang and lemongrass. Smells fantastic. We'll see how my skin responds over the next few days.

I bought some xanthan gum to mix up a gel, but I'm not sure yet what kind of gel I want.

Feeling creative this weekend :D

Back