Soaping temperature

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
39% palm mixed with 23-25% lard works well, with the lard slowing down the trace, and if you use OO if will slow your trace even more. I personally don't use OO. I soap all my high palm recipes at 85ºF or lower. I just zap with the SB to get it together long enough to separate my batter and work quickly. Soaping to cool you may have to wait out false trace a few minutes before continuing to a quick emulsion to separate the batter. With this method emulsion may not be stable enough to pour you batter it is only stable enough to mix your colors. Hopefully, this makes some sense.

39% palm mixed with 23-25% lard works well, with the lard slowing down the trace, and if you use OO if will slow your trace even more. I personally don't use OO. I soap all my high palm recipes at 85ºF or lower. I just zap with the SB to get it together long enough to separate my batter and work quickly. Soaping to cool you may have to wait out false trace a few minutes before continuing to a quick emulsion to separate the batter. With this method emulsion may not be stable enough to pour you batter it is only stable enough to mix your colors. Hopefully, this makes some sense.

Oh thank you for that! It kinda makes sense, but I know you're far more advanced than me, so I'll figure it out when I soap again. Its good to know that its not impossible to soap palm recipes under 90

Latest posts

Back