Soaping Suppliers in mainland Europe (Spain)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive Oil

Reaction score
Hi, any soapers in Spain????

Does anyone know of good, economical suppliers in Spain or mainland Europe? Currently I use La despensa del jabon, Cremas y Caseras and they are fine for certain things but they are expensive for cocoa/shea butter (and other suppliers are even more expensive!) and not great for essential oils (quality). I buy a lot from the UK because it is cheaper even with shipping charges and generally there is a better range. But come January 2021 that is likely to change when UK fully leaves the EU and it is likely to become more difficult and expensive to buy from the UK. I would prefer to buy supplies from Spain anyway but so far I've not found anything that really measures up. Does anyone have any further recommendations? Thanks.

Thanks Zany....I did a number of searches in the forum but the majority of the recommendations are for companies based in the UK. I'm familiar (and currently use) several of them and they are very good. The difficulty is that ordering from UK suppliers is probably going to become problematic at the end of the year with Brexit.

From the other mainland recommendations given, sadly several are no longer operating (some of the post are years old) and those that are still around are very costly for the supplies that I'm interested in (cocoa and shea butter/essential oils) as I am attempting to line up suppliers in preparation for when I have my soap EU assessed and certified.

I have contacted a couple of Spanish based bulk oil/botanical suppliers which might be an option but who knows!

:sadgoodbye::shakinghead::(

On this thread there are some European Folk chatting (mainly about soy wax) which may give you some clues or names of people you can try messaging directly: Hello evryone , from France !

Thanks SeaSuds, I hadn't found this thread. Interesting posts and Dragonspice.de is a good lead! And it's got me thinking about using eurosoy wax 🤔.......although I usually soap at fairly low temps so that would be something of a leap. Thank you.

Regarding the UKs suicide mission (otherwise known as Brexit), being in Scotland you might at least have the opportunity to rejoin sooner than the rest of the UK!! What an utter mess it all is. 😟

Thanks so much DeeAnna. I also just clicked on your Soapy Stuff and looked at classic bells. Amazing! I can't believe I've never stumbled across that resource before. So useful!!!! 👏👏👏

it's got me thinking about using eurosoy wax
I use Euro Soy 800 as a palm oil alternative in all of my recipes. It provides hardness and creaminess to the lather just like a butter. Yes Brexit is a huge mistake so please lovely European sister, leave a light on for Scotland😢

I use Euro Soy 800 as a palm oil alternative in all of my recipes. It provides hardness and creaminess to the lather just like a butter.

Oh that's good to know that it's creamy in a recipe as well as giving hardness. So I could sub it for some of my cocoa butter.

Yes Brexit is a huge mistake so please lovely European sister, leave a light on for Scotland
I think (hope) that the EU will keep an open door for Scotland 🙏... Maybe even for the UK.....🙏

Hi, any soapers in Spain????

Does anyone know of good, economical suppliers in Spain or mainland Europe? Currently I use La despensa del jabon, Cremas y Caseras and they are fine for certain things but they are expensive for cocoa/shea butter (and other suppliers are even more expensive!) and not great for essential oils (quality). I buy a lot from the UK because it is cheaper even with shipping charges and generally there is a better range. But come January 2021 that is likely to change when UK fully leaves the EU and it is likely to become more difficult and expensive to buy from the UK. I would prefer to buy supplies from Spain anyway but so far I've not found anything that really measures up. Does anyone have any further recommendations? Thanks.
Hello I can help you with the Shea butter if you are still interested

Latest posts

Back