Soaping season!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouse

Reaction score
I have found that my soaping, from the beginning, is cyclical. I make TONS of soap in the fall, and I may dabble with my left-over supplies the rest of the year, but I don't tend to order more EO/FO. But it also means that I tend to make soap that follows the season-orange spice, mocha, ginger-y, pine-y, fall/winter type scents.
I just did a Peak order and realized most of what I ordered I've never soaped before-mostly florals. I guess because it's early spring and I have my garden in my brain :)
Anyone else do this, or a "seasonal" soaper? I'm hoping that weather-wise, my method won't be affected much. I live in Eastern WA in a dry, desert-type climate.

I just placed a peak order also and realized most of the scents I chose could be considered fall/winter scents (pines, honey, and various other outdoorsy scents). I think i just love those scents. I am originally from Seattle, but have traveled all over the country. I am currently stationed in Oregon and didn't realize how much I missed the smells and colors of the pacific north west.

Have you soaped in different climates/locations? I'm curious to see how my soaps behave in the spring/summer months, since I normally soap in the winter when its cold. I could see it really being a challenge to adjust your soaping methods for different climates, as well.

Latest posts

Back