soaping fiction?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabadgley

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I have a random question for you. Has anyone here found any good fiction, especially novels, that have soapers or soaping in them? When I quilted, I loved reading the Elm Creek Quilters novels by Jennifer Chiaverini. I recently picked up knitting as well, and really enjoyed "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs. I love being in the setting of a quilting gathering, or amongst all the yarns in the yarn shop, learning from the characters in the books.

It got me to wondering if there are any similar books set in a soap workshop, or where a main character is a soaper. If not, do we have any novelists on the forum?! :)

There is a series of books but sorry I don't know what they are called. I think they are like a murder mystery where the main character is soap. I noticed them on Amazon doing a search for soap books. Wish I could be a little more helpful.

I checked Amazon and the author I noticed is Tim Myers. Can't tell you if he's any good or not. He has written quite a few mysteries all based on soap.

Susan Witting Albert writes the China Bayles books, I don't know if she makes the soap, but she sells it in her herb shop. All while solving murders. Very funny, very good.

Think Sue Grafton/Kinsey Millhone in the Texas Hill Country.

Tim Myers also writes books based on candlemaking. I want to check out one of the soaping ones! :)

Here's the titles of a few of the soaper ones...

Dead Men Don't Lye
A Pour Way to Dye
A Mold for Murder

Jola said:
Tim Myers also writes books based on candlemaking. I want to check out one of the soaping ones! :)

Here's the titles of a few of the soaper ones...

Dead Men Don't Lye
A Pour Way to Dye
A Mold for Murder

Awesome! And my library has them :) I've already got "Dead Men Don't Lye" on hold. I'll let y'all know how it is!

Tabitha said:
Is Fight Club in book form?

Yes, though I haven't read it. Let's see, the author is Chuck Palahniuk. I have a friend who loves his stuff, but I've never read any of it. She says it's all pretty weird and very dark (as if Fight Club weren't an indication of that :wink: )

So i'm planning on writing a short story bout soap, then i can post it here. What do ya'll want to see in it? I mean " i made soap, slept and ate" woohoo, sounds so fun. I want something fun. And are ya'll fun.
:D :D

Latest posts

Back