Soaping Adventures (or Look what I've been up to)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneruck

Reaction score
Sooo I made my first soaps last November, an unscented Shea butter soap.. Posted pics ... But look what I've been up to since then

Japanese Cherry blossom, chocolate covered strawberries, unscented OMH, scented OMH, frosted pumpkin and cucumber melon.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392300109.564887.jpg

OMH Scented and Unscented. Used Goat's milk and OMH from NGC. This was fairly uneventful.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392300483.323048.jpg

Frosted Pumpkin (NGC) and Cucumber Melon (BB sample). The cucumber melon went well, used a recipe from the Natural Soap Chef with real cucumber and coconut milk. I was following the Pumpkin in the pot swirl recipe from Soap Crafting for the other one but put in the fragrance too soon which caused it to accelerate and I forgot the pumpkin and the copper sparkle mica lol

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392300561.357136.jpg

Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Japanese Cherry Blossom (both from Aztec) . This was messy lol, should have taken a picture and posted in that "messy" thread. Used the same recipe from the others but mixed a double batch and split it in half. Tried to use melted chocolate chips but couldn't get them to mix properly oh well lol!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392300589.391150.jpg

These ones I did last weekend

Eucalyptus, peppermint and spearmint EO Blend. Used lemon chiffon and laurel green from the pastel micas from Nurture Soap supplies. The lemon chiffon turned bright orange (first pic) at first but then settled down as the soap cooled lol.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392301417.114353.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392301467.706514.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1392301495.093977.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1392301529.426673.jpg

Another OMH batch with NGC OMH. I let it gel this time. I really like this scent so I made this for me lol
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392301636.385859.jpg

My 11 yr old (12 on Sat 15th) requested a Soap w Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce type (Aztec). I used the Vibrance Blue and Vibrance Orange from Nurture. This one was exciting lol! I made it on Sunday evening and I live in the tropics so I just left it out to gel. It overheated and cracked in the middle. I stuck it in the freezer overnight and later tried that trick with the ziplock bag to fix it. Then I put it in the fridge for a while. Then it seemed too soft so i turn the oven on to about 170 (the first setting is 200) then turned it off and put the soap in. I did this about 3 times the last being yesterday but i FORGOT to turn off the oven and left it in there for an hr before I remembered lol. It was liquid again at the bottom. Anyways it survived, hardened up and I cut it this morning.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392302290.787395.jpg

So there you are... My soaping adventures lol

Fantastic - you are on a roll! I love seeing your evolution from simple to more complex and your descriptions of what you have learned from each batch. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks judymoody! Now I just have to figure out how to avoid those white spots from the td lol. I'm sure I'll find the info that I need here though :)

@Dahlia.. I did lots of reading and watched a few YouTube vids and I try to do something new every time I soap. The EO one was an in the pot swirl and the last one was the spoon swirl that I saw on a soaping 101 YouTube video.

@Gentleman the OMH was from NGC and I bought fresh goats milk locally. At first I used 100% goats milk but for the ones that I did last weekend I master batched the lye in a 50:50 ratio and then added goats milk as the remainder.

Very well done! There is always something to learn batch to batch when first beginning. Heck, I have a batch every now and again that still teaches me a lesson or two.

Oh sorry Gentleman... I bought the Oatmeal milk and honey fragrance oil from Natures Garden :). I added ground oats and honey and left out the fragrance for the unscented one.

lovely soaps! you've been busy :D i really like the last one, what you did with the top that's lovely.. i'm a fan of textured tops!

@seven ha ha that's funny cos that's the one that cracked at the top and I had to try to fix it with the ziplock bag trick. That's why I didn't take a pic of the whole loaf lol. They still look pretty good now that I've cut them though.

lol! dontcha hate it when they crack. these days i dont bother with trying to fix a crack anymore. once it's cut you can barely notice it. and plus, if my customer asks, i just say that it's part of my design :D

Lol! Well I'm still new to this and this is the first time I've had a soap crack but now that you've clued me in I won't bother next time lol

Latest posts

Back