Soapers on Long Island New York

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
I was not sure which section to post this so sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am hoping to maybe hook up with other soapers in the Long Island New York area. The reason is because I was thinking it would be cost effective to split supplies for some stuff. I was looking at RSPO Palm Oil at Soapers Choice or Jedwards and the price is great but no way I need 33lbs of Palm Oil. I just started making soap back in the end of September and am only making 2.5lb batches. Is this something that people that live in the same area do?

Exactly. Try adding the 7-8 lb. (gallon) size Olive, RBO, & Coconut to the same shipment to see how the ratio of product to shipping improves.

Definitely. That's how I do it with Soaper's Choice. In my experience, the bottom line cost per ounce (including the cost of shipping) is always way better than any other vendor unless the other vendor is having super sales AND free shipping, which does happen sometimes with some vendors. But for regular everyday prices, SC is usually my choice when it comes to soaping oils.

And the other thing I like about Soaper's Choice is how quickly my order arrives. Only once has anyone beat their quick turn around time, and it was NOT a soap supplier. (I bought some make-up online last week and part of my order was delivered the same day!) I usually have my SC order delivered within 2 days time; once or twice it's been the next day. That's an impressive turn-around. So even though I live within 250 miles of the warehouse, and it might not be as fast for folks further away, they are getting the orders out the same or next day, even during CoVid. I'd say customer satisfaction is high on their priority list.

However, SoapDaddy70, if you want to test using Palm until you have more to order, you can do what I did and buy Spectrum Brand palm shortening at a grocery store. It's pretty pricey for soapmaking, but for one or two batches of soap just to try it out and get a feel for if you like palm in soap, it's a good option. Some stores that carry Spectrum Brand Palm shortening are Target, Whole Foods, Kroger, The Vitamin Shoppe, some Walmarts. They call it Organic All Vegetable Shortening, and it is all RSPO Palm oil.

Latest posts

Back