Soapers Choice Soap Base?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Stinkydancer. I looked at Peak and if I bought the 40# case (2.20#), the shipping is $24.98, so it's $2.83 a pound.
Soaper's Choice comes out to $54.50 for 25#, so $2.18 a pound
And WSP det. free is $49.51 for 24#, so $2.06 a pound (theirs includes shipping)

I think the price difference is so big that I'll have to wait to try SFIC, but I hope I can find a better supplier one day. I'm near Houston.

Oh so your doing larger scale MP than I am. I'm mostly CP/HP, cream and liquid soaps. I do very little mp but I would love to do more, it's fun. :) I can see where it is cheaper in smaller quantities. I'm more of a person if I'm shopping somewhere I pick up a few pounds of MP base. I think WSP is your best choice for your area. My sister lives near Houston as well- Friendswood. It's a nice area. I always have a blast there.:)

Melt an pour sfic

Tia
Hope this is you.. I'm new to forum..only. Make mp doin it for 10 years.lots of gifts some shows. Getting back into it. A. Friend opened a little shop home made items..wants to try my soap. Found all my supplies
Have soap from sfic.. It's about an hour drive ..
Only bad thing is you need to bye 5 tubs min
Had thete soap sitting for 3 years . Used it was still fine cheaper to drive than ship it to me..
Need to. Find someone in my area maybe bye it an split the cost...
Or another soap supplier just as good
I live in Manteca ca..near Stockton..
Use bramble berry for items.. But thete fo are weak.
An pricy..company is nice..want larger sizes of fo.
That keep thete smell..
Will welcome any ideas you have..
Your new soapin friend
Kathy Calif .. Hugs

Hey Kathy,
Nice to meet you. I've only done a bit of MP, but really like it and plan to make a lot more.
Brambleberry is too pricey for me. I've never heard anyone say they were weak, but for the price they should rock. I've bought a few FOs from WSP (their cheaper ones - they have some outrageously priced ones, too). They've been nice. I also like The Candle Source and Bitter Creek for FOs. I recently bought some from Candle Science, but haven't tested them yet.

Hey Kathy,
Nice to meet you. I've only done a bit of MP, but really like it and plan to make a lot more.
Brambleberry is too pricey for me. I've never heard anyone say they were weak, but for the price they should rock. I've bought a few FOs from WSP (their cheaper ones - they have some outrageously priced ones, too). They've been nice. I also like The Candle Source and Bitter Creek for FOs. I recently bought some from Candle Science, but haven't tested them yet.

Hi Kathy and Marilyn this is for you too. Brambleberry FO's (some of them) are amazing. I love the Ginger Ale. Love it!!
WSP has some great scents that are cheaper or middle of the road priced and they mostly have all been awesome. The citrus scents from WSP is the best and the Sweet Orange EO is amazing too.
Service is nice and shipping is rolled in.
Peak has awesome Bath and Body FO's that stick and a sampler of 10 one ounce bottles of FO for 21.50 plus shipping and they always give you a surprise 1oz FO free. I have soaped most of the scents from all three of these places so if you have questions on an FO let me know I'd be happy to help.
I have soaped some from Bitter Creek North as well since they are one state over but I wish they would get more Bath and body FO's or do their site different- I have bought Candle only FO's by accident. :x
The do have the most awesome Vanilla Stabilizer.
Welcome Kathy..sorry your having a problem with the Brambleberry FO's are you sure your using enough? How much do you use per pound of soap. I do mostly HP and CP and their scents are always strong at least the ones I soap.

Tia
Hope this is you.. I'm new to forum..only. Make mp doin it for 10 years.lots of gifts some shows. Getting back into it. A. Friend opened a little shop home made items..wants to try my soap. Found all my supplies
Have soap from sfic.. It's about an hour drive ..
Only bad thing is you need to bye 5 tubs min
Had thete soap sitting for 3 years . Used it was still fine cheaper to drive than ship it to me..
Need to. Find someone in my area maybe bye it an split the cost...
Or another soap supplier just as good
I live in Manteca ca..near Stockton..
Use bramble berry for items.. But thete fo are weak.
An pricy..company is nice..want larger sizes of fo.
That keep thete smell..
Will welcome any ideas you have..
Your new soapin friend
Kathy Calif .. Hugs
You can try Peak for SFIC as well but it might be expensive to ship though you never know- they have the most fair prices on shipping around and WSP has free shipping on everything but no SFIC- they sell a sls free base though.

Thanks, Stinkydancer. The Ginger Ale sounds good - it's my favorite soda!
I've always heard great things about Peak, but never got around to trying them. One thing I'm enjoying about MP is not having to worry so much about morphing and fading as with CP.

Thanks, Stinkydancer. The Ginger Ale sounds good - it's my favorite soda!
I've always heard great things about Peak, but never got around to trying them. One thing I'm enjoying about MP is not having to worry so much about morphing and fading as with CP.

Yep that is the nice thing. HP is similar but with some FO's you do have to worry about fading.

I know, especially the citrus. For the first few years I soaped, I did only HP. It was so nice to not have the extensive testing I've had to do with CP. Plus the coloring was easier, but the soap was so much uglier and it needed more trimming than CP.

Now, I'm enjoying the ease of FO picking and the easier coloring with MP, but I'm still doing about half CP. Oh, and using less FO for MP (and HP) than CP is nice!

Less is good- I love HP. I always did straight CP for years- I have been making soap for a long time since I was 15, I'm 40 now so a good long time. Then I got bored and I can't work a piping bag so I started HP and found myself a little obsessed with it. I needed to get a non ugly smooth soap which I have now but it took a long time. My customers love my HP and the scent because it's strong. They aren't as big of fans of my CP which is the exact same recipe. HP bubbles better too. I go back and forth. I actually love doing MP but it doesn't sell well for me so I just do it because I like to. LOL
Here are some strong citrus-
WSP Sweet Orange EO
WSP Lemon Verbena
Bramble Ginger Ale (this is so awesome and soaps beautifully the scent holds)
WSP Lime Margarita
WSP Tangerine

Pretty much WSP has the strongest citrus scents in my opinion.

Wow, 25 years! I've only been doing it for 14 (and that's off and on).
I have the WSP Lime Margarita and use it in MP. Right now, I have several citrus scents, so I'm trying to resist the urge to buy more! But good to know WSP has the strongest.

Wow, 25 years! I've only been doing it for 14 (and that's off and on).
I have the WSP Lime Margarita and use it in MP. Right now, I have several citrus scents, so I'm trying to resist the urge to buy more! But good to know WSP has the strongest.

Yeah- yikes time flies! Though I have only been online selling for 4 years or maybe 5- craft fairs maybe 10 or so.

I soaped off and on myself. My family were goat farmers in Yugoslavia and my grandma made GM soap so it was something that stuck with them even when they moved to the states though goat milk was hard to come by back then so she did Olive Oil soaps with some GM on occasion. She still laughs to this day at my scale, pots and equipment. Soap Calc is one of her favorite funnies. She's old and old fashioned too!:p It amazes me to this day how she can whip up a batch of soap without soap calc, gloves, whatever- the soap is perfect every time.:Kitten Love: I have my recipes memorized but I still like to make up new ones- not sure I could do that without a calc, I envy her because she can! I'm lucky to still have her!

Stinkydancer, that is an awesome tribute to your grandma. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I use the WSP Basic. It has low sweat. The key is to package MP soap as soon as you can. That will help with the sweat and drying out. Nice smooth and creamy soap.

Back