Soapers Choice Lard

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDak

Reaction score
How do you guys rate it?

Do I just use the lard brand choice in Soap Calc, etc., when computing the amount of NaOH for the recipe?

I have always bought my lard from a place about 35 miles from my house but I don't feel like driving that far for the last box of lard I will need this winter.

Thanks for any info.

So, are you a seller? For the record, lard is lard on soapcalc. No matter what brand it is, if it is 100% pig fat, you use lard (Manteca)

Thanks........have you ever used Soapers Choice lard?

I don't even know the brand.

I have only used Armor. It's not cost efficient for me to get lard from soaper's choice (sorry about not addressing that, btw) and I tend not to make soap with lard because even I actually have sensitivities to pork. I can't say that I'm allergic as I can eat the occasional piece of bacon (brand dependent) but I have broken out with the itchy hives on my face when when pig fat come into contact.

I use the lard from Soapers Choice and it's great. Nice and white with no noticible piggy smell to me anyway. I get the 50 lb boxes. Just use lard on the soap calc.

I second the Soapers Choice lard. I too get the 50 pounds and it has always been perfect. Cheaper than buying one pound blocks at the store, as long as you make enough soap to warrant the bigger sizes you have to buy from SC.

Back