Soaper's Choice - fast in & around Illinois

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone in and around the Mid-West of the US, I'd like to share the good deal Soapers Choice offers and how quickly my order came, as well as my bottom line price (including shipping) from Soapers Choice (Columbus Foods) in Illinois (near Chicago).

I ordered a 50-lb cube of Hydrogenated Palm Oil (palm shortening) for delivery to my home on the other side of the state. Not only did I get a great bottom-line price, an extra 2 pounds of product, but delivery the very next day to my door.

Granted, I do live in the same state, so once it was on the UPS truck, there was only about 150 or so miles to go, but the fact that it was shipped the same day I ordered it and that I got it the next day is pretty darn good with all the disruption of services lately in the current situation with the pandemic.

Also a plus, which brought down the bottom line cost per ounce, was that they overfilled the cube by 2.2 pounds, so instead of getting 50 pounds, I got 52.2 pounds, bringing my bottom-line cost to 8.5¢ per ounce (actually, 8.45 cents per ounce). Calculated like this: total price (cost + tax + shipping) divided by total ounces. My total cost was $70.58 US. Or $1.35 per pound for those who like to think in terms of price per pound.

The next best price I could find was from Bonanza :: Find everything but the ordinary where I could get a 50 pound cube of palm shortening from Essential Depot with free shipping for $86.13 (with tax.) I cannot get it that cheap at the Essential Depot site, because ED is not offering free shipping for this product, in fact shipping from Florida to my home in Illinois costs more than the product. So, next time I want to order ED supplies and there is not a free shipping option, I will check the Bonanza site.

I agree, Earlene! Soaper's Choice is the best for quality, price, shipping, customer service and they are now "Women Owned". I'm in the Denver area and my orders usually take 3 days to arrive. I've been using them for at least 10 years and no complaints whatsoever. I recommend them without reservation. It should be noted that they also sell products for lotion making, syndet bars, and miscellaneous products like polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, and T-50 (Vitamin E, tocopherol). :thumbs:

The only drawback to me is, the web page is reformatted and if you don't know about the "Product List" now in the lower left corner, it takes longer to find what you want and longer to check out.

Here are samples of my previous orders:

https://soaperschoice.com/ 2/28/18

COCONUT 76, 7 lbs * Cost/LB: $2 * $14.00
OLIVE POMACE, 7 lbs * Cost/LB: $2.29 * $16.03
PALM OIL RBD, 7 lbs * Cost/LB: $1.50 * $10.50
PKO FLAKES, 8 lbs * Cost/LB: $2 * $18.64
SUNFLOWER HO, 7 lbs * Cost/LB: $2.07 * $14.49

Sub-Total: $73.66
Shipping, UPS Ground: $23.24
Total: $96.90
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The largest size I ever purchased was a "Cubetainer" of Olive Oil which I wasn't sure whether I would use it up in a year's time. No problem. I ordered another one after 7 months! haha:

35/lb. Cubitainer with Faucet $2.65/LB

Olive Oil, Pomace, 35 lb - ID# 69036SC($2.18/lb.) $76.30
Shipping, UPS Ground: $16.23
TOTAL $92.53 17¢ /oz.

True. This is the first time I've ordered only one thing from them. Normally I order several things and the shipping prices is even better when I order more than when I order less.

I did not know that about being women-owned.

I've been getting oils/butters from them for over 10 years now. They are exceptional on shipping products out. I can order in the morning and they are generally at my doorstep the next day. I get my no stir palm, Sunflower, Shea, PKO and a couple others from them. I was getting my lard there but found it a lot cheaper through my American Legion Post, as they purchase a ton to make Pasties up north so don't get it there any longer. My orders always arrive intact and no leaking.

I've been a customer for 15 years and I've ordered several cubitainers of sunflower and olive. I always buy my pko, lanolin and palm from them as well. I recently tried to place an order but the website kept closing the checkout page before I could complete it. This happened several times so I called and was told the site was working. I don't know why it didn't work for me. I wanted to purchase a couple gallons of cocobetaine because their price is unbeatable. I guess I'll have to phone in my order🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back