Soapcalc's memory

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm out of printer paper so used my tablet for Soapcalc. Made a lot of notes for this 7 lb batch that was divided into 4 molds (because I should really learn how to calculate mold volume instead of guessing). I see the button to save recipe on 1st page of Soapcalc but not on 2nd page where the 15 minutes of notes are. How can I save the notes?

Personally I'm really leery of saving recipes on Soapcalc, have lost all of them multiple times by not remembering to offload them before I cleared the cache or cleaned out cookies. If it's anything I want to save I finish it to my specifications then offload it immediately, e.g. copy into Word. If I weren't so lazy I'd use Evernote. Certain more diligent folks here will have sage advice on how avoid losing recipes you've worked hard to get right...

I would cut and paste them into notepad or something, then switch to Soapee.com

It stores your recipes server side, not client side like soapcalc. You could also screenprint the image, and save it that way

I save all my soapcalc recipes as PDFs. If it's not a save as function on your browser or computer, look at your print options, sometimes it's there. Or download a free PDFs creator that sends print files to PDFs.

I save all my soapcalc recipes as PDFs. If it's not a save as function on your browser or computer, look at your print options, sometimes it's there. Or download a free PDFs creator that sends print files to PDFs.

That's why I use Opera. It's the easiest browser to do this.

I use evernote and have the Chrome plugin Evernote Clipper. It's super easy to clip a recipe from SoapCalc into a note (one-button-clicking-easy). Then I can put my additives, photos, or whatever onto the note. If I want to make the exact same recipe... everything is already there and synced between my phone, tablet, and pc. I swear I don't get commissions from Evernote; it's just the easiest thing to use. I know I've posted this before, but it's been so handy for me...

/end gushing

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtnlmitrNeA[/ame]

I use soapee and designed a sheet using tables in Microsoft Word so I just copy and paste from soapee to my word setup, then save and print.

Robert

Of couese the op said they used a tablet. So copy paste and such can be a pain.

So again as a temporary measure I'd screen print your notes. The Evernote app can be used to do this, but most tabs have screen print functons built in. Depends on the brand.

Of couese the op said they used a tablet. So copy paste and such can be a pain.

So again as a temporary measure I'd screen print your notes. The Evernote app can be used to do this, but most tabs have screen print functons built in. Depends on the brand.

So it's not just me....others hate the copy and paste inability on a tablet? Glad to hear that as I was developing a complex!

Y'all are just way more computer savvy than me. Sorry. Soapee is just super easy for me to use, and I know right where they are.

I'm not all that computer savvy myself, so I have to make myself try new things. However, with soaping, I want the easiest, quickest route to handle note taking because otherwise it doesn't get done. Can you believe I can still convince myself that "I'll remember the details next time I make this soap"?

I'm learning evernote. Next I'll learn Soapee. But I'm going to buy more printer paper because I like working with a hardcopy too!

Sometimes I think about modernizing my 'system', but I'm still a handwritten notebook kind of lass. You just can't take the old-fashioned schoolgirl out of me, I guess. LOL Instead of saving my batches and notes on the computer, I store a SoapCalc print-out of all my batches in large 3-ring binders organized by date- latest batch on top-, complete with handwritten notes on them as to the extra additives I used in the batch and their quantities; and I also keep detailed, corresponding handwritten notes of each batch written out in lined 8.5" x 11" spiral-bound, hardback notebooks (Black n Red brand). It's an old-fashioned system, but it works for me. So far, nothing has ever gotten lost, and everything is easy for me to look up or reference.

IrishLass :)

I use my iPad for the SoapCalc and do screenshots of it to save to my photos. Then I upload the screenshots to Evernote and finish my notes in there. There is probably an easier way to do it, but I'm not familiar with what it is and this way works for me. I have so many SoapCalc screenshots that if an alien life form looked at my iCloud photos, they would think the earth was inhabited by soap recipes and dogs. (Dogs making soap? It could happen.)

Sometimes I think about modernizing my 'system', but I'm still a handwritten notebook kind of lass. You just can't take the old-fashioned schoolgirl out of me, I guess. LOL Instead of saving my batches and notes on the computer, I store a SoapCalc print-out of all my batches in large 3-ring binders organized by date- latest batch on top-, complete with handwritten notes on them as to the extra additives I used in the batch and their quantities; and I also keep detailed, corresponding handwritten notes of each batch written out in lined 8.5" x 11" spiral-bound, hardback notebooks (Black n Red brand). It's an old-fashioned system, but it works for me. So far, nothing has ever gotten lost, and everything is easy for me to look up or reference.

IrishLass :)

I'm "old fashioned" like you. A three ring binder (well several) for all my recipes, notes and research. Everything is right there at my fingertips when I need it. :mrgreen:

If I didn't write like a chicken dipped in ink running across a sheet of paper, I might be inclined to do it the old fashioned way, too. Unfortunately, too many years spent in front of a computer keying in data has made it impossible for me to think in sentences unless I'm at a keyboard. I've tried to start writing (with pen and paper) notes on a particular soap and I cannot think of a thing to say. Put me in front of a keyboard and I can't stop writing.

Back