Soapcalc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've always used Soapcalc and weigh in grams. Today even though I put grams in my recipe, when it calculated it prints out in ounces. Anyone else have that problem?

Which soap calc are you using? Soapcalc.net shows all 3 - Pounds, ounces, and grams. But maybe you are talking about a different calculator?

soapcalc.net seems to be working fine. I just put in this recipe:
upload_2019-1-24_12-32-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-24_12-32-25.png
    upload_2019-1-24_12-32-25.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
Can you do a snapshot to show what it's doing? Without seeing it exactly, it's hard to know what's going on for you. You may need to contact their customer support for further help. I can't get it to repeat that error for me.

Thanks for your help. I've used soap cal for years...this is a new glitch

Attachments

• SoapCalc.pdf
    502.4 KB · Views: 20
  • View:Print Recipe.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 17
Apologies if this is a bit dense!

Just tried use soapcalc (as it is my usual one) to check a recipe and it appears to be comepletely down. I've not needed to use it for ages, so its a bit frustrating.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent situation?

I saw that last night as well, but I used it last weekend just fine. Do y’all pay attention to the ratios on the left side of the print-out that have to do with cleaning, conditioning, creamy, bubbly, etc? I work really hard to balance my recipes i side those ranges.

I saw that last night as well, but I used it last weekend just fine. Do y’all pay attention to the ratios on the left side of the print-out that have to do with cleaning, conditioning, creamy, bubbly, etc? I work really hard to balance my recipes i side those ranges.

I can't - my soaps often have a lot of olive oil in them, and the numbers in all of the online calculators simply don't make sense for olive (cleansing is zero, bubbles is zero and hardness is below range on the soft side, yet these soaps get ridiculously hard after they are cured, clean just fine and have beautiful creamy lather, with the occasional little blowsy bubbles thrown in! ... I don't bother trying to match the numbers much ;)).

@reinbeau, thanks! I saw that WSP a while back - it seems just slightly different (to soapcalc), but there's not much in it.

@dibbles, thanks for that information!
(Work done ... so it will be coming back up again.)

(The last time I recommended soapcalc was just before it went down - that is now an embarrassing recommendation - why don't people announce they are going to take a site down for maintenance?).

Anyway, I've been recommending SoapMakersFriend (from here) as an alternative - it has dual lye and masterbatching functions that the other calculators don't have, so that's pretty cool (and it was developed by the SMF folk! :))
https://www.soapmakingfriend.com/soap-making-recipe-builder-lye-calculator/

I've just checked it, and it appears to be back online now! I might try out the new one here though as well.

Latest posts

Back