Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki Carr

Reaction score
I went to bb barns and felt of this soap and feels sooo good I’d love to make something close to what this feels like it any suggestions

This is ingredients

Attachments

• 0CC23196-ABC1-4AEA-8BF5-23B0D7163875.png
    0CC23196-ABC1-4AEA-8BF5-23B0D7163875.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 50AD0CF6-12B5-4640-9CAC-45E88D710C19.png
    50AD0CF6-12B5-4640-9CAC-45E88D710C19.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Based on how the ingredients are listed, palm oil is the primary oil, and coconut oil is the secondary oil, with a possibility of some palm kernel oil, too. Then there is water, glycerine (probably just byproduct of saponification since they are listing out-of-the-pot ingredients), fragrance, salt, and two chelators.

If you want to dupe this, I'd probably start with 70%-75% palm oil and 25-30% CO (or trade 10% of the CO for PKO). I'd guess at 3% SF but you may have to play with that. Then add your chelators to address any hard water issues that could make the soap feel different at home than it did at the testing site.

The main ingredients are palm oil, (EDIT, not cocoa butter, coconut oil, what @AliOop said), lye and water. Pentasodium pentetate and tetrasodium etidronate seem like chelators which I have no experience with. @Zany_in_CO just posted a duplicating website, I'm working and don't have time to look it up.

Last edited:
It will because it would have been milled, extruded, cut into pucks and then put into a hydraulic press to give it that nice shape.

FYI - "Squeaky-clean" is great for dishes and pots & pan, NOT to great for hair and skin...it's means that you have stripped all the oils.

@Zany_in_CO just posted a duplicating website, I'm working and don't have time to look it up.
No worries. Here it is:

INCI Decoder -Skincare Ingredients

Based on how the ingredients are listed, palm oil is the primary oil, and coconut oil is the secondary oil, with a possibility of some palm kernel oil, too. Then there is water, glycerine (probably just byproduct of saponification since they are listing out-of-the-pot ingredients), fragrance, salt, and two chelators.
:thumbs: Correct analysis, with the exception of "palm kernel oil" which is "palm kernelate" so that's not in there.

This is easy to duplicate. To reach an INS Value 160 (Squeaky Clean) range:
85% Palm Oil
15% Coconut Oil

Assume the Glycerin is the amount that remains after saponification.
If your test batch doesn't match up to the original, try adding 10% (or more) to the lye solution in place of the water.
I use SoapCalc Default Settings for water & superfat amounts but that's up to you.
Fragrance - Search Cedar and Bourbon Fragrance Oil to see what comes up.
Add a bit of salt to the lye solution

Pentasodium pentetate and tetrasodium etidronate seem like chelators which I have no experience with.
@DeeAnna 's Soapy Stuff is an excellent place to learn more about chelators (and more!) I have no experience with them either.

No worries. Here it is:

INCI Decoder -Skincare Ingredients

:thumbs: Correct analysis, with the exception of "palm kernel oil" which is "palm kernelate" so that's not in there.

This is easy to duplicate. To reach an INS Value 160 (Squeaky Clean) range:
85% Palm Oil
15% Coconut Oil

Assume the Glycerin is the amount that remains after saponification.
If your test batch doesn't match up to the original, try adding 10% (or more) to the lye solution in place of the water.
I use SoapCalc Default Settings for water & superfat amounts but that's up to you.
Fragrance - Search Cedar and Bourbon Fragrance Oil to see what comes up.
Add a bit of salt to the lye solution

@DeeAnna 's Soapy Stuff is an excellent place to learn more about chelators (and more!) I have no experience with them either.
Ty so much

It will because it would have been milled, extruded, cut into pucks and then put into a hydraulic press to give it that nice shape.

FYI - "Squeaky-clean" is great for dishes and pots & pan, NOT to great for hair and skin...it's means that you have stripped all the oils.
Ty

Back