Soap wrapping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren fielding

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to soap making and this forum and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for which paper to use for wrapping my goats milk soap. I’m currently using a grease proof paper to wrap them a brown wax paper over the top (obviously taking ages to wrap) but still getting the sweating/leaking and crinkling after a period of time? Not selling yet as I’m still trying to solve this wrapping problem can anyone help? Didn’t want to use boxes as had my design labels already printed etc x

How long are you curing those soaps before wrapping?
Hi thank you for messaging back. Mmmm some I’ve wrapped within a day and I’ve got some to wrap that have been standing for around three weeks now, scared to wrap them incase I waste more labels etc :(

You need to wait until they are properly cured, about 4-6 weeks!

At risk of opening a pandoras box, you probably aren't ready to sell if you are still working these kinks out.
Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. Yeah you’re right I’m finding things out the hard way so hence asking for help :(
Need to leave them alone then for a much longer time. Thanks again so much xxxxx

We've all been there LOL!

Put them on shelf, let the air get to them and try and forget them- patience was never my strong point!!
Ok I’ll do that and hopefully that will work ! I can get cracking on making some more now thanks so much xxxxxx

Hi everyone I’m new to soap making and this forum and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for which paper to use for wrapping my goats milk soap. I’m currently using a grease proof paper to wrap them a brown wax paper over the top (obviously taking ages to wrap) but still getting the sweating/leaking and crinkling after a period of time? Not selling yet as I’m still trying to solve this wrapping problem can anyone help? Didn’t want to use boxes as had my design labels already printed etc x

Hi I use tissue paper.
Hope that helps.

Back