Soap with no name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made this batch yesterday but I'm struggling to come up with a cool name for it. I used 2 different types of sandalwood powder and black clay as colorants. FO is The Voice of Reason (a Lush dupe) and the FB description says notes of tonka bean, sandalwood, rose & buddha wood so I'm trying to incorporate the buddha aspect. Any suggestions from my soapy peeps?

VOR_soap1.jpg

VOR_soap2.jpg

To me the design looks like bird's wings. A Whistling Kite or, if you want closer to home, a California Quail. Except when I look where the soap is near the opening on the board. That one looks like a dark chocolate, caramel & mocha ice-cream bar on a stick. (That might be a mighty long name though. :) And I suppose neither is very Buddha like. :(

Nothing Buddha came to my mind, but I think that soap should be something caramel. Caramel just came to my mind when I saw it.

Made this batch yesterday but I'm struggling to come up with a cool name for it. I used 2 different types of sandalwood powder and black clay as colorants. FO is The Voice of Reason (a Lush dupe) and the FB description says notes of tonka bean, sandalwood, rose & buddha wood so I'm trying to incorporate the buddha aspect. Any suggestions from my soapy peeps?

What about this name.... Forest Flair :mrgreen:

Anatta? The primary Buddist doctrine that there is no self. Or Nirvana? The state one can only enter after fully accepting and conforming to anatta.

Lovely soap, well done!
All I could think of reading your description was, "Mellow".

I really like that word, because its meaning is something that can be; Mild, soft, smooth, easygoing, relaxed, mature, gentle and undestanding. Can also be used in the maning of ripe. And soaps are sort of "ripening" as they cure.

Sorry I couldn`t be at more help.

Nice looking soap! Is the FO the one from Fragrance Buddy? I was looking at that one, because I love sandalwoody type fragrances. What do you think of it? I've never smelled the Lush version, so I couldn't compare, but is it nice? Sorry, I'm no help with names.

Why did I think suggestions would help? Now there are so many good ones I can't pick! Oh well, the soap will speak to me when it has decided on a name. :)

nav - This FO is from FragranceBuddy but I've never smelled the original either. We're supposed to get a Lush store next month so maybe I'll have a chance to smell the real deal for comparison purposes. So far I like it, definitely getting more of the woody notes than the rose or tonka bean (which is good because I was going for manly soap). I'd be happy to send you a 1oz sample of the FO and/or a bar of the soap if you want to check it out.

Why did I think suggestions would help? Now there are so many good ones I can't pick! Oh well, the soap will speak to me when it has decided on a name. :)

nav - This FO is from FragranceBuddy but I've never smelled the original either. We're supposed to get a Lush store next month so maybe I'll have a chance to smell the real deal for comparison purposes. So far I like it, definitely getting more of the woody notes than the rose or tonka bean (which is good because I was going for manly soap). I'd be happy to send you a 1oz sample of the FO and/or a bar of the soap if you want to check it out.

Oh thank you, that's such a generous offer, but you made it sound so good that I ordered some already. :) I have a weakness for woodsy fragrances. Luckily, my customers seem to like them too. Thanks again.

Oh thank you, that's such a generous offer, but you made it sound so good that I ordered some already. :) I have a weakness for woodsy fragrances. Luckily, my customers seem to like them too. Thanks again.

Haha, then I'm glad I could help enable you! On the other hand, I hope you didn't order 1lb of it based on my description and then decide you don't like it :eek:

Haha, then I'm glad I could help enable you! On the other hand, I hope you didn't order 1lb of it based on my description and then decide you don't like it :eek:

No, actually I ordered one ounce sizes of several of their FOs, since I don't think I've ever ordered from them before. I'll let you know what I think when I receive them.

That's a beautiful soap. Very calming and peaceful colours. All I could think of for Buddhist names were
Zen
Asana - a physical posture in which one is at ease and in harmony with one's self.

Latest posts

Back