soap with beer and eggs ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariasar

Reaction score
I want to make soap with beer and eggs.
Can I use beer instead of water, in cold process?
How can i add eggs in my soap?

hello Tabitha,
thank you for your reply! I'll try to use yolk egg, and i add when i put my addictives. I think that the soap has preservatives and the egg doesn't rot.
If i'm wrong please correct me.

I don't know about the eggs, but I know people have done it. As far as the beer, yes you can use it as your water, but make sure it is VERY VERY flat. Let it set for a day or two before using it.

I *think* if you want the soap to have presrvative you have to choose the correct one & add it. I could be wrong too though. I know if you add fresh fruit w/o a preserve it will rot.

I have only made about 8 batches of cp myself & that was 4-5 years ago, I am a B&B maker & only dabbled in the cp...

I regularly make a CP beer soap. No FO of EO needed, it smells great as is.
I use 100% Flat -VERY FLAT beer instead of water. Make sure it has sat out on the counter, opened for a few days. Otherwise it will create quite a mess when the lye is added to it. :eek:
Can't help you with the egg, sorry!

Interesting. . .

So just out of curiosity, what is the benefit/reason for using beer (or eggs) in soap?

I remember using a beer shampoo when I was a kid. But I honestly make a beer soap because it is a hit with the guys. I market it towards the guys.

Back