Soap w/shea butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gayle

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about how nice shea butter is. I decided to try it and I am in love. Oh my gawd!!! The lather is so creamy. I just cut after 24 hours in the mold and I can only imagine how nice it will be in a few weeks. Oh yeah, I mixed the black pepper with lemongrass & sage. I stepped out there with a 50/50 blend. Colored it pink. The fragrance is suttle, kinda spicey but, very pleasing. Names ???? First love, Endless Love, any suggestions?

Flynn said:
Glad you liked the blend. Did you use clary sage or just regular sage?

How much shea did you go with? I'm working on an all veg bar and thought about adding some?

I'm no good with the names--lemon pepper comes to mind! :?

I used Lemongrass & Sage from Tony's. I was a little chicken on the shea & only used 2%. Think I will go for 5% next time.

Hey Gayle,

Victoria's Secret has the "Endless Love" name for a line of perfumes, lotions, etc. MMS makes a fragrance oil scented with "endless love" scent; I make a pink soap with it and it's all the rage with 'tween girls! (my daughter in particular :)

I generaly use from 5 to 7% in my CP soaps, the exception being my salt bars as they need more. 5 to 7% is a nice amount. :)
I use the unrefined with no noticable scent in the finished product.

Paul.... :wink:

Latest posts

Back