Soap turns scratchy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plschrader

Reaction score
how is it possible to make soap for years then all of a sudden a new problem happens. When I go to use my soaps something in them is scratchy. It feels kind of like sand. Very basic recipe. Coconut, olive, palm, castor, meadowfoam and Shea butter. Sometimes TD. Mica colors. Super fat 5-7%. Ick. I want my soap to be creamy not scratchy.

Are you soaping to cool and your palm and/or shea butter is becoming grainy? You need to make sure all your oils are well melted. Also are you gelling your soap? It will make for a creamier soap. Stearic acid specks would be my guess

I took a fair bit of time to write a thoughtful reply to your other thread about "grainy stuff in soap." Did you look into any of the suggestions I made? It sure would be nice to get your feedback. A thoughtful response from you would encourage me to help you further with your problem.

Your suggestions go along with mine, Carolyn -- soapy minds think alike! :)

Here's the third recent thread about grainy/gritty/scratchy soap. Plschrader didn't start this one, but did chime in for help starting at Post 16 for those wanting the full story. A later post in this thread mentions the beeswax. https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/scratchy-soap-help.71807/

Latest posts

Back