Soap: Tranexamic Acid + Kojic Acid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishneil1

Reaction score
Im interested in using both of these products in compindation a soap design.

Has anyone got any idea, ideal quantities to use? Percentage wise.

Safe levels..
1%, 1% ?

Tranexamic acid is often given as a medication. What benefits are you hoping these ingredients will provide in your soap? They're unfamiliar to me except as a medication and a food byproduct.

Hallo. I see you are wondering what to put in your soap as I am doing at the moment :) Unfortunately MY opinion is that you won't get any benefit of them putting them in a soap :( two reasons:

1. Tranexamic acid and Kojic acid are acids and they will turn into SODIUM salts which I doubt are effective. Otherwise they would be sold as sodium salts as well.

2. Tranexamic acid is used to prevent excessive bleeding as injection. Kojic acid is used as chemical peeling in the form of creams or solutions. It has to spend some time on the skin to exfoliate (more than 30-40 seconds - time that soap spends on skin).

I advice you to give up with this two. You may achieve some effect but you can't be sure what, even if you make new type of soap.

Back