Soap that smells stinky

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessMommy

Reaction score
Okay, This past weekend I made the mistake of letting one of my kids pick out the fragrance and color (trying to do a little mommy-bonding time). It looks like that old teal colored tile that people used in the 70's to decorate their bathrooms with. She choose a "tea Rose" type smell and its smells like my home has become a beauty parlor. Ick. I had even made pretty burgundy curls to go in it from inspiration on Cathy's site. :( All that work. If I add some of it to a rebatch how much of the smell is going to stick?

I licked my wounds my making a pretty cream colored tallow soap with sandlewood/vanilla scent this afternoon.

lol well how much did you add per pound of oils and how large was the batch?

Is this similar to wearing a fab painted macaroni necklace with matching bracelet? :lol:

Sorry, I had to giggle. I agree with IanT with how much scent was added. How about curls of the funky soap put in a batch with a co-ordinating scent?

Or just close the door and relax with the sandalwood vanilla. :D

Digit

lol ooooor you could give it to your kid to take into school and give to everyone??

Teal and burgundy curls in a white soap would look really nice! I don't think the scent would come through too much since you only need about 2 or 3 bars of curls per 2 lb batch. You could do grated bits or chunks also. Plus once the soap is cut into curls or grated, it will loose its scent much faster since the pieces are so small. Leave the prepared bits for a week and then make a new batch to add them to.

Post pic's of the smellies for us....at least we could admire the look of them! :D

my recipe called for 58oz of oil and I added approx. 1.5oz of FO. Right now it doesn't smell much like rose and it seems to have a sour tinge to the fragrance. The burgundy curls did not have a fragrance added to them. I was trying to make it simple in case there was a problem.

Here's a pix:

2649724654_90db4472b4_m.jpg

PrincessMommy said:
my recipe called for 58oz of oil and I added approx. 1.5oz of FO.

That is not much FO at all unless it is mega potent. Most are 0.7 - 1.0 oz per pound of oils. I think it will be very faint if incorporated into another soap.

I love the colors and twirls!! And yes, I would wear those colors together in public. :lol:

Digit

I say shrink wrap the bars & let the kids pass them out as Christmas gifts this winter if yo are not kean on them.

I can't smell them through the screen but they look cool!

PrincessMommy said:
my recipe called for 58oz of oil and I added approx. 1.5oz of FO. Right now it doesn't smell much like rose and it seems to have a sour tinge to the fragrance. The burgundy curls did not have a fragrance added to them. I was trying to make it simple in case there was a problem.

Here's a pix:

2649724654_90db4472b4_m.jpg

Great job PM,

I never scent the curls either. I find that there isn't any need to. Sometimes I use scented soap to make the designs in a different, completely new scented bar as well. The old scent never seems to come through. Give a few away to the kids and save the rest for new designs....bet you'll come up with something great! And post the pics of course. :D

Latest posts

Back