Soap sweating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shreya.p

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am new to soap making and I made my first loaf of citrus soap and left it to cure. However, after 24 hours, my soap has developed droplets on the surface. Is that okay? Is there any way to fix this?
IMG_20200731_213512.jpg

I think it depends more on ambient temperatures. I could be wrong. But I have soap sweat lots on humid days (with or without essential oils) and no sweat on drier days, some don't at all and some are just constantly slightly wet from sweat.

Hey guys!

I am new to soap making and I made my first loaf of citrus soap and left it to cure. However, after 24 hours, my soap has developed droplets on the surface. Is that okay? Is there any way to fix this?View attachment 48247
The same thing happened to me too! I am wondering if you found its cause.

Even the soap I made less than 24 hours ago is all sweaty, so I am wondering if its the oils or what. The scent of my eo blend is gone too.

If the humidity level is high in your house - I suspect it's the natural glycerin from handmade soap that's attracting moisture and causing droplets. Melt and Pour soap which is high in glycerin is very susceptible to this too.

Sometimes fragrance oil also leaks out a big for no apparent reason and will reabsorb. Moderate to severe overheating will cause separation whereby the soap doesn't recover.

If the humidity level is high in your house - I suspect it's the natural glycerin from handmade soap that's attracting moisture and causing droplets. Melt and Pour soap which is high in glycerin is very susceptible to this too.

Sometimes fragrance oil also leaks out a big for no apparent reason and will reabsorb. Moderate to severe overheating will cause separation whereby the soap doesn't recover.

The humidity is 83% today and maybe that’s why. I am afraid if it got separated.

How do i prevent this?

Also, my soap isn’t behaving since adding French pink clay. I added pink clay to the eo blend and then added at trace. Now my soap has pink spots all over, instead of a beautiful pink shade. I used CP method. Did I make a mistake by adding pink clay to the eo blend?

Back