Soap sweating while curing??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen74

Reaction score
Is it normal for soap to sweat a little while its curing? I live in Chicago and it's warm out and we run our AC all the time. The humidity gauge says we have 59% humidity today( its cooler out and the AC is not running much). I also have a small fan running directed at the soaps to keep air flowing. Today I noticed when I picked up a bar of soap to check it that it seemed to have a little moisture on it when I rubbed it. Is this normal?? Its not visibly wet looking, just when I rubbed it you could see it is sweating a little....Not sue what else to do besides using the fan like I have been.. Any ideas?

Got so bad in my cellar. bought a dehumidifier and petitioned off a section with plastic.

Did closing off the place and putting the dehumidifer in the area work for you? How big of a dehumidifer did you get?

Are you sure it is moisture? Some FO's can sweat out a little in the beginning but usually re-absorb quickly. It is nothing to worry about.
I made soap about a day ago, fragranced it with Vanilla Sandalwood, and there was this little dark droplets all over my soap. I was just now on this forum to look for help, so I think this must be it. I am going to leave the soap until it re-absorbs.

I made soap about a day ago, fragranced it with Vanilla Sandalwood, and there was this little dark droplets all over my soap. I was just now on this forum to look for help, so I think this must be it. I am going to leave the soap until it re-absorbs.
Yours sounds more like FO seeping out. It may or may not re-absorb. I've not had colored droplets personally.

I'm only here to comment on colored sweat lol

I've noticed that my soaps with neem oil sweat light brown... It has happened to two different batches with similar recipes 8mos apart. Don't think it's EOs seeping out coz they never reabsorb haha

Hi, sorry for disappearing. Partitioned off a 17 foot x 17 foot area. Dehumidifier came from Wally World. I'll post manufacturer when I get home.
Everything is back to normal. This is a pic of just how bad it got. Labels staining bars, mottled finish, crystals on the salt bars. And mold. yech!
soap_sweats.jpg

Latest posts

Back