Soap Sweating in shower

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siddhi

Reaction score
After making m n p soaps ,when my clients use the soap they sweat while in a hot shower any reason for the same?
Really lost at this please help as I am losing out on a lot of supplies

The glycerin in the soap draws the moisture from the air (shower in this case). It creats sweat beads. The only thing you can do is use "low sweat" m&p base. But it will still sweat in a warm shower, just not as much. It isn't a bad thing, just affects the look of it. 🙂

soap needs to dry out between uses...it should not be stored in the shower and a lift underneath work well...

If you live in a humid climate, even CP and HP soap will sweat wherever it is (talking through experience here), and I guess more so for M&P, and more in the shower with all the humidity in there.....

Its the nature of lye based soap, compared to syndets. Only way around it is to find a solution to the humidity (hard to do in any room, much more in a shower lol) by blowing a fan on them, keeping an AC on in the room for a certain amount of time during the day, or using a dehumidifier.

I, unfortunately, have to do all three. Sigh..

Latest posts

Back