Soap Supplies in Bay Area, CA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heading back home to the SF bay for Christmas and I know a few of you are from here. Any good soap supply stores I can visit? I didn't start soaping till I moved away in 2004.

I know there is Juniper Tree in Berkley, and Mission Peak in Fremont, but I haven't been to either. I buy some supplies at Cash & Carry and Smart and Final, which you probably have in your area. Monterey Bay Spice (Herbco) may be on the way to the Bay area depending on which way you are driving. They have some great herbs and clays for soap. You would need to call ahead for Pick Up. I wish that there was somewhere local that I could buy supplies, I buy everything except basic oils online.

You can try to visit TKB Trading for all your colorants and some oils. I love their micas! It's located in Oakland, not far from Berkeley.

That's about it though. Juniper Tree, Mission Peak Soap and TKB Trading.

Btw, forgot to mention, unless you are buying a small quantity of oils, Juniper Tree is a bit pricey to shop for soap supplies. Even with 10% off coupon, I couldn't buy a thing from there.

Mission Peaks sells mostly oils in bulk and a few other items like citrus acid, e-wax, etc. It's in Fremont and takes a good 30-40 mins from Berkeley. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back